Burger or brunch place in Xinbei

I drive in to Taipei city almost every weekend to get a good western-style brunch or burger at one of the many great places in town, but I would love to be able to get a “real” burger a bit closer to home - we live near Global Mall in Zhonghe, not too far from Banqiao or even Yonghe. Any suggestions (other than TGI Friday’s and Burger King at Global Mall)? There are sooooo many of these places in Taipei City now, it seems amazing that there isn’t even one in Xinbei…

zero responses - I’ll take that as a ‘no’?

If I were a restauranteur in Taipei, I would be looking at Xin Ban area for sure. If Taipei City can support 8 NY Bagel outlets (or whatever), don’t tell me you can’t even open 1 in New Taipei… The area around the train station in Banqiao is booming and the surrounding area is also becoming more sophisticated. A Forkers or a Diner branch would do well for sure - I know I would be there all the time with my kids…

You could try Bravo in the Banqiao train station but I don’t know if they do brunch. They have western food that is not bad. Not sure if they have burgers either. I’ve only had the pizza and pasta there.

and there is:

Le Rouge next to the Xinpu MRT station used to have brunch. Again, I haven’t been there in a while but you can check with them.

thanks!!

[quote=“elektronisk”]You could try Bravo in the Banqiao train station but I don’t know if they do brunch. They have western food that is not bad. Not sure if they have burgers either. I’ve only had the pizza and pasta there.

and there is:

Le Rouge next to the Xinpu MRT station used to have brunch. Again, I haven’t been there in a while but you can check with them.[/quote]

I checked out the 2nd floor of Banqiao train station this weekend and was fairly impressed. In addition to a NY Bagel (with really good service), there are some Italian places, a place with pizza and Belgian beer (sounds promising) and a few others. Kind of a nice setup too.

When I used to teach in Zhonghe I ate several times at the Japanese-style curry place in Global Mall (B1 level, I seem to remember). Is it still there?