Burma's Aung San Suu Kyi 'guilty' ...again

Burma’s Aung San Suu Kyi ‘guilty’

[i]"Burmese pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi has been sentenced to an additional 18 months house arrest by a court in Rangoon.

Ms Suu Kyi, a Nobel peace laureate, was convicted of violating state security laws by allowing a US national into her lakeside home after he swam there.

She was jailed for three years with hard labour, but this was commuted to house arrest, an official said."[/i]

A bit of piling on if you ask me.
Political Prisoner in her own home.

[i]"Mr Yettaw, 54, swam to Ms Suu Kyi’s lakeside house in Rangoon uninvited, and stayed there for two nights in May. As a result, Ms Suu Kyi was placed under arrest and accused of breaching the terms of her house arrest.

Mr Yettaw is believed to have epilepsy, diabetes and post-traumatic stress disorder and has been treated at a Rangoon hospital.

Reports say he was discharged from hospital on Monday night after a week of treatment for epileptic seizures. "[/i]

Didn’t know all this about Yettaw. He was sentenced to 7 yrs…4 years at hard labor.

I recall Tainan Cowboy promoting government surveillance of all our phone calls, email, financial records, etc, saying that “if you’ve done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear”. I’m sure your logic is comforting to Aung San Suu Kyi, TC…

An authoritarian regime stifling political dissent…

What else would one expect from a right-wing dictatorship like Burma?