Burn After Reading

I loved this movie - rent it! It’s at Blockbuster now…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burn_After_Reading

I second that. Brilliant film.

Yup.

It actually happened recently too that someone (CIA maybe) left all kinds of sensitive information on a disc somewhere in Australia and an Aussie bloke found it. He did the right thing and informed both the organization involved “and” the media.

I thought it was utter tripe. One of the worst examples of cinema in quite a while. I even went so far as to complain to the cinema owner, and I was given a voucher to watch another film for free. I saw ‘ghost town,’ which was an exceptionally funny film.

I saw Ghost Town, brilliantly funny.

:laughing: He should have complained to your elementary school teacher, been given a voucher for a more enlightened audience.

:laughing: He should have complained to your elementary school teacher, been given a voucher for a more enlightened audience.[/quote]

We yingguoren don’t teach Buddhism in elementary school.

I’m sure it would be shit if I saw it. I had a small yet pleasurable epiphany when I realised you could just buy the popcorn and not see the film.

Maybe you would like this one…

rottentomatoes.com/m/must_re … r_02_20_09

I don’t think we should date anymore. :snooty:

:laughing: He should have complained to your elementary school teacher, been given a voucher for a more enlightened audience.[/quote]

Oh come on! That film was just a load of bullshit posturing. Brad Pitt needs stringing up sometimes, he really does. Francis McD was NOT believable in her role. Holly Hunter should have been cast. The script was lazy, and it smacked of another Cohen brothers ‘shot in two days’ movie that really lets them down. Big L, Oh brother, Barton Fink, Fargo, Rasing Arizona. THESE are films. Burn after, and intolerable cruelty were not intreresting or creative endeavours. Burn after reading scores an ‘it was like oceans 12,’ in my book. Hollywood actors giving each other a giant collective blow-job. Gaaahhh.

And Bobble bo flobble, it’s ok for people to hate the things you like. Breathe deeply.

I saw Ghost Town, brilliantly funny.[/quote]

Quite a remarkable example of US/UK comedy working well together. That woman with the violin under the bridge was a genius move!

Maoman, ok I will look for another lover.

Oh come on! That film was just a load of bullshit posturing. Brad Pitt needs stringing up sometimes, he really does. Francis McD was NOT believable in her role. Holly Hunter should have been cast. The script was lazy, and it smacked of another Cohen brothers ‘shot in two days’ movie that really lets them down. Big L, Oh brother, Barton Fink, Fargo, Rasing Arizona. THESE are films. Burn after, and intolerable cruelty were not intreresting or creative endeavours. Burn after reading scores an ‘it was like oceans 12,’ in my book. Hollywood actors giving each other a giant collective blow-job. Gaaahhh.

And Bobble bo flobble, it’s ok for people to hate the things you like. Breathe deeply.[/quote]

Does The McDormand get 'em out for the lads?/

[quote=“the chief”]
Does The McDormand get 'em out for the lads?/[/quote]

Eww. Once you have seen Marissa Tomei in the Wrestler you don’t need any other mental picture for the rest of your life.

No I don’t think that is OK. I like it and so you must like it. If you don’t like it my role as bob god of the abstract nonsensical repetitive and cinamagraphical has been comprimised and under no conditions can that be allowed to happen lest a gap appear in the fabric of the universe, etc.

OH SHUT UP YOU PEOPLE! I’m trying to talk to myself.

I think you should buy more mirrors and put them up around your home.

Shut up! Shut up!

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“the chief”]
Does The McDormand get 'em out for the lads?/[/quote]

Eww. Once you have seen Marissa Tomei in the Wrestler you don’t need any other mental picture for the rest of your life.[/quote]

I think I’ve gone blind now…

Agreed, TH. That was a childhood fantasy I’d been harboring all the way back to “My Cousin Vinny”! :lick:

Agreed, TH. That was a childhood fantasy I’d been harboring all the way back to “My Cousin Vinny”! :lick:[/quote]

My brother! By god the Tomei is rockin’ :wink: There are few women on earth I admit to openly lusting/ drooling over but M. Tomei, Kelly Rowland, Zooey, and a young Farah Fawcett/ Faye Dunaway are sins I openly confess to.