Burn After Reading

:laughing: He should have complained to your elementary school teacher, been given a voucher for a more enlightened audience.[/quote]

Oh come on! That film was just a load of bullshit posturing. Brad Pitt needs stringing up sometimes, he really does. Francis McD was NOT believable in her role. Holly Hunter should have been cast. The script was lazy, and it smacked of another Cohen brothers ‘shot in two days’ movie that really lets them down. Big L, Oh brother, Barton Fink, Fargo, Rasing Arizona. THESE are films. Burn after, and intolerable cruelty were not intreresting or creative endeavours. Burn after reading scores an ‘it was like oceans 12,’ in my book. Hollywood actors giving each other a giant collective blow-job. Gaaahhh.

And Bobble bo flobble, it’s ok for people to hate the things you like. Breathe deeply.[/quote]
I thought the scene where Clooney shoots Pitt in the closet was hilarious. The look on Pitt’s character’s face was priceless.

Everyone is proclaiming “The Wrestler” as Mickey Rourke’s big come back. IMHO, Marisa, at 44 years old, deserves some of that glory.
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

[quote=“bismarck”]
I thought the scene where Clooney shoots Pitt in the closet was hilarious. The look on Pitt’s character’s face was priceless.[/quote]

Clooney was great playing a paranoiac, and Brad Pitt rockin’ his ipod was a pure period piece throwback to anytime when music meant something to anyone. :thumbsup:

I friggen LOVED this movie! It’s not the best cohen bros movie, but it nails so many things for me. They should have subtitled it: “G-men and the women who divorce them” Everyone is screwing around on everyone except for John M’s character, who was the purest of them all. And the lady who played his wife did the BEST job of being a bitch!

Oh, and I loved the soundtrack!

No she doesn’t, but if you watch her in the first scene she’s in, you won’t want to see them anyways.