Bus routes in English!

Taipei City Bus Operations have changed the web page address! :imp:

It is now :-

citybus.gov.tw/newenglish/english(920423.htm

Wow. I think we have found the winner of todayā€™s ugliest Web site award. :laughing:

And whatā€™s with the banner from the Center for Disease Control? Thatā€™s just not something I want to consider when riding the buses.

This only seems to have a small portion of the bus routes in Taipei. Is this just for one bus company?

The bus routes listed on the site are city-operated buses. The private-run buses, i.e., those that drive like maniacs, are not included.

this maybe out of the top, but FYI that now you can get discount for riding a bus first then MRT. (about $6 NT) so not bad, right? Good for me since both MRTs are about 15 mins. walk from my house. :blush:

Hi,

There is an old thread or two on this subject, but Iā€™m wondering if anyone knows of a recent source for English language bus schedules in Taipei?

Bookstores? City of Taipei provides some?

The link to the City Bus organization in the old thread doesnā€™t seem to function any longer.

Thanks,

Seeker4

I have seen bus schedules at a small bookstore near my office but didnā€™t bother to check in what language it is.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find English information regarding Taipei city buses. I searched online buy couldnā€™t find anything. I have also been told that there is a book you can buy that has all the routes with pinyin info. Does anyone know where that might be available? Or, does anyone know from experience what bus I would take to get between the Jingmei and Muzha areas? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Tried a book store? Most of them I have been to have a section with maps etc. incl. bus routes, but still canā€™t vouch for if they have any in English.

[quote=ā€œgkoā€]Hi,

Is there a bus plan (paper, digital, ā€¦) of Taipei that looks like something like this: citefutee.com/orienter/plan_bus_pdf.php ?[/quote]
When I first xame to Taiwan 15 years ago, there was an excellent English bus-route guidebook available at the Shi-Da bookstore. If they could do it then, they can do it now.

OK letā€™s try again.
Bus map, in ENGLISH.
Where to find?
ā€œnear my officeā€ - Whereā€™s that, please? I donā€™t know where you work. And just please donā€™t say ā€œclose to the bus stopā€. :unamused:

I found a bus map for free at Chunghsiao/Fuhsing MRT station yesterday. Itā€™s English/Chinese and has a map of the whole of Taipei as well detailed map of Taipei downtown, Kungkuan, Hsimenting etc. where bus lines, bus stops and the respective numbers are listed.

Check out the brochure stands at MRT stations. Itā€™s white, with a picture of a bus in front and the title ā€œTaipei City Bus Route Mapā€.

HTH
Iris

FYI - Caveā€™s no longer carries an English language bus route book so donā€™t bother looking there. The clerks said that they had never heard of such a thing so Iā€™m guessing that itā€™s been out of print for some time now. If there is a free map available, then maybe this explains why the book would no longer be printed.

[quote=ā€œirisā€]I found a bus map for free at Zhongxiao/Fuxing MRT station yesterday. Itā€™s English/Chinese and has a map of the whole of Taipei as well detailed map of Taipei downtown, Gongguan, Ximending etc. where bus lines, bus stops and the respective numbers are listed.

Check out the brochure stands at MRT stations. Itā€™s white, with a picture of a bus in front and the title ā€œTaipei City Bus Route Mapā€.

HTH
Iris[/quote]

Been looking around for these and couldnā€™t find :frowning:

If Caveā€™s no longer have the Englih bus route book, you could try the bookstore at Shida university. Itā€™s on the Nth side of Heping E Rd, at the top of the T-intersection with Shida Rd. They used to have them, up until fairly recently at least. Itā€™s very old though, and doesnā€™t have all the MRT-connector routes.

Brian

I use a searchable directory, but itā€™s only in Chinese:

ezgo.taipei-elife.net/Homepage/e ā€¦ ml/bus.asp

Very useful, map-links too, but in .pdf format. We also had the MRT Bus routes map, best Iā€™ve seen yet, but we canā€™t find it anymore ā€¦ :wink: Xpet.

Woo-hoo! I found the free map (mentioned above) at the Gongguan MRT station. Itā€™s not great but better than nothing.

Hello, I just accepted a job in Muzha, but live in Banqiao. This means a 45-minute MRT commute every morning. I am looking for a bus route that might possibly save me some time, probably not, but I want to find out anyway. I have been to e-bus.tpc.gov.tw and cannot navigate around. Does anybody know of an English bus schedule?
Thanks