Bus schedule for Hsinchu City

Does anyone have bus schedules for Hsinchu City? I have looked on the hcbus.com.tw and have found some schedules, particularly for the free buses, but I have been unable to locate schedules for most of the buses. Doing a search online, I have come across schedules for buses 51, 52, 71, 72, etc. I’m particularly interested in timetables for buses 1 and 20, but other buses would be nice as well.

Thanks.

Timothy Click

1 Like

You could just drop by the tourist office in the railway station. They usually have all that.

[quote=“tcthepoet”]Does anyone have bus schedules for Hsinchu City? I have looked on the hcbus.com.tw and have found some schedules, particularly for the free buses, but I have been unable to locate schedules for most of the buses. Doing a search online, I have come across schedules for buses 51, 52, 71, 72, etc. I’m particularly interested in timetables for buses 1 and 20, but other buses would be nice as well.

Thanks.

Timothy Click[/quote]

For 1 and 20 they are supposed to be 10 minutes apart during rush hours, and 15~30 minutes apart otherwise. You can seriously forget about time tables when it comes to 1 and 20. They arrive when they arrive. My personal experience having no other method of transportation in Hsinchu for 4 years is that you can wait up to 1 hour with no 1 or 20 insight, and then 3 of them will all arrive at once like a frigging train.

1 Like

For local buses operated by Hsinchu Bus Company in Hsinchu City, you can pick up a full schedule (it fits on one side of one photocopied page!) from the small bus station adjacent to the Sogo department store on Minzu Road, right where you can catch the #1, #2, and other such buses.

Hope this helps!

Guy

1 Like

Also, what Hansioux said. You will at times need superhuman levels of patience to deal with this outfit, whose corporate mission seems to be to try to persuade their ridership to never rely on public transport ever again. :bluemad:

Guy

1 Like