Bush algdly ordered CIA to fake doc linking Iraq to Al-Qaeda

After Ron Suskind Reveals Bush Admin Ordered Iraq-9/11 Fakery, House Judiciary Chair John Conyers Opens Congressional Probe

[quote]Suskind reports that in 2003 the White House ordered the CIA to forge and disseminate false intelligence documents linking al-Qaeda and Iraq. The CIA allegedly forged a letter from the head of Iraqi intelligence to Saddam Hussein. It was backdated July 1, 2001 and stated 9/11 ringleader Mohamed Atta was trained for his mission in Iraq.

While much of the attention on the book has focused on the forged letter, Suskind also reveals that the Bush administration and the British government knew prior to the war that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction. [/quote]

To no one in particular: Lengthy interview here. Please read before spouting off…

And I allegedly think you post a bunch of half-assed bull-sh!t rumors spread by dip-sh!ts, dumb-asses, and f*cktards who rely on persons with the lack of functional a brain-wads for the replication of their swamp-sh!t innuendo and guttersnot wack-job self-pleasuring allegations.

But thats only allegedly what I might think. And even so, it should not be interpreted as a desire to restrict, halt or even hinder your freedom, ability or intent to continue posting items such are allegedly referred to in the above paragraph.

Have a nice day!

Oh boy, backdating a document?

You can get into real trouble for that.

Given his experience in this area, I’m tempted to agree with TC.
But given the Bush league administration’s record handling intelligence files, I suspect the reporter’s probably got his story straight.

They’re stealing the Republican election strategy.

They’re stealing the Republican election strategy.[/quote]

I would have thought it was illegal to post the Neoconservative movement’s secret formula online. Isn’t it copyrighted or something?

They’re stealing the Republican election strategy.[/quote]

I would have thought it was illegal to post the Neoconservative movement’s secret formula online. Isn’t it copyrighted or something?[/quote]

I guess because it leaves out any reference to a “complete lack of personal integrity” that it wouldn’t be considered a copyright or trade secret violation.

[quote=“TCB”]And I allegedly think you post a bunch of half-assed bull-sh!t rumors spread by dip-sh!ts, dumb-asses, and f*cktards who rely on persons with the lack of functional a brain-wads for the replication of their swamp-sh!t innuendo and guttersnot wack-job self-pleasuring allegations.

But thats only allegedly what I might think. And even so, it should not be interpreted as a desire to restrict, halt or even hinder your freedom, ability or intent to continue posting items such are allegedly referred to in the above paragraph.

Have a nice day![/quote]

Sigh. And yet AGAIN someone spouts off without any citation of evidence or rational argument whatsoever. I put “allegedly” there as a courtesy. Suskind SOLIDLY backs up his case in the book. He has on-the-record deposition from a number of first-hand CIA sources.

Not to mention Congress is opening an investigation based on the revelations in this book. Generally it takes a bit more than “half-assed bull-sh!t rumors spread by dip-sh!ts, dumb-asses, and f*cktards who rely on persons with the lack of functional a brain-wads for the replication of their swamp-sh!t innuendo and guttersnot wack-job self-pleasuring allegations” to have them take such actions.

I’m betting you still think Phil Gramm was a Democrat when he helped enable the sub-prime crisis and Enron scandals, too. Hope you’re having fun in lalaland.

Oh my…and ‘alleged’ rebuttal…:roflmao:

My statement stands.

Shovel enough cow paddies around a straw man and he’ll stand too.

Difference is, the cow paddies have some value.

[quote]Shovel enough cow paddies around a straw man and he’ll stand too.

Difference is, the cow paddies have some value.[/quote]

Amen brother.

[quote=“Jaboney”]Shovel enough cow paddies around a straw man and he’ll stand too.
Difference is, the cow paddies have some value.[/quote]
That would be…alleged…cow patties.

And Vay is perfectly right in doing his shoveling. How else will he see the truth?.. :eh:

Gee. You’re standing by your lack of substantiation, even in the face of over-whelming evidence you refuse to acknowledge or even look at, while making fun of me. What a surprise. I wonder if your intention is simply to annoy me into not posting anymore? If so, bring it on. All you’re doing is making yourself look foolish and obnoxious.

Speaking about “lack of substantiation” I guess you haven’t noticed, or don’t care to comment on, the utter lack of 'substantiation in Mr. Suskinds book?

CNN, no Bush support there, is commenting that:
“if jumping to conclusions were an Olympic event, Suskind would be in Bejing right now…”

I suggest you familiarize yo self with the subtle differences between accusations and facts.Its going to be a real treat getting all those “off the records” comments into use as back-up for his ‘allegations.’

I, personally, do not think its a wise course to get all heated up about this ‘latest & greatest’ Bush expose’ tell all. Well…for this week at the least.

Politico.com is pimpin’ this also:

politico.com/news/stories/0808/12308.html

[quote=“TCB”]Speaking about “lack of substantiation” I guess you haven’t noticed, or don’t care to comment on, the utter lack of 'substantiation in Mr. Suskinds book?

CNN, no Bush support there, is commenting that:
“if jumping to conclusions were an Olympic event, Suskind would be in Bejing right now…”

I suggest you familiarize yo self with the subtle differences between accusations and facts.Its going to be a real treat getting all those “off the records” comments into use as back-up for his ‘allegations.’

I, personally, do not think its a wise course to get all heated up about this ‘latest & greatest’ Bush expose’ tell all. Well…for this week at the least.[/quote]

Well, it depends whether Suskind’s claim that he has taped conversations with these CIA sources is accurate. At some point, he’s going to be asked to put up or shut up, so I’m inclined to believe him. I mean, Congress is holding hearings on this - they might very well ask him to produce those tapes as evidence.

Here’s a partial transcript of one conversation with Rob Richer, former associate deputy director of operations at the CIA:

[quote]Ron: The intent–the basic raison d’etre of this product is to get, is to create, here’s a letter with what’s in it. Okay, here’s what we want on the letter, we want it to be released as essentially a representation of something Habbush says. That’s all it says, that’s the one paragraph. And then you pass it to whomever to do it. To get it done.

Rob: It probably passed through five or six people. George probably showed it to me, but then passed it probably to Jim Pavitt, the DDO, who then passed it down to his chief of staff who passed it to me. Cause that’s how–you know, so I saw the original. I got a copy of it. But it was, there probably was–

Ron: Right. You saw the original with the White House stationery, but you didn’t–down the ranks, then it creates other paper.

Rob: Yeah, no, exactly. But I couldn’t tell you–again: I remember it happening, I remember a terrible brief kinda joking dialogue about it, but that was it.

. . .

Ron: Now this is from the Vice President’s Office is how you remembered it–not from the president?

Rob: No, no, no. What I remember is George saying, ‘we got this from’–basically, from what George said was ‘downtown.’

Ron: Which is the White House?

Rob: Yes. But he did not–in my memory–never said president, vice president, or NSC. Okay? But now–he may have hinted–just by the way he said it, it would have–cause almost all that stuff came from one place only: Scooter Libby and the shop around the vice president.

Ron: Yeah, right.

Rob: But he didn’t say that specifically. I would naturally–I would probably stand on my, basically, my reputation and say it came from the vice president.

Ron: Right, I’m with you, I’m with you. But there wasn’t anything in the writing that you remember saying the vice president.

Rob: Nope.

Ron: It just had the White House stationery.

Rob: Exactly right.[/quote]

ronsuskind.com/thewayoftheworld/transcripts/

I can’t believe people who are supposed to be literate Americans actually talk like this, but it does back up his book’s most controversial claim once you suss out what the hell they’re saying. And I think the Times’ review was overly harsh. Some claims were un-substantiated, but overall he did a pretty damn good job of backing things up.