BUSH BLOWS up, well nearly anyway

[quote]Credit Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally with saving the leader of the free world from self-immolation.

Mulally told journalists at the New York auto show that he intervened to prevent President Bush from plugging an electrical cord into the hydrogen tank of Ford’s hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid at the White House last week. Ford wanted to give the Commander-in-Chief an actual demonstration of the innovative vehicle, so the automaker arranged for an electrical outlet to be installed on the South Lawn and ran a charging cord to the hybrid. However, as Mulally followed Bush out to the car, he noticed someone had left the cord lying at the rear of the vehicle, near the fuel tank.

“I just thought, ‘Oh my goodness!’ So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front,” Mulally said. “I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?”[/quote]

link

Ok so the question is if he had mistakenly gone ahead and plugged into the fuel tank and blown himself (and others) up, how would the media play it?

I’m looking for interesting headlines here folks…have any?

Oh and before the flamers and defenders of the faith come out, this actually looks to be an honest mistake that anyone could have made. I am not really berating bush (on this one anyway).

I think whoever set it up, did it on purpose in hopes that Bush would :smiling_imp:

Properly designed electrical and hydrogen ports wouldn’t allow you to plug them in wrong and blow yourself up. If this was actually a concern, then Ford didn’t design it correctly. I’m a confirmed Bush basher, but if this story is true, my questions would be aimed at Mulally on this one.

About as far fetched as plugging a cord into a gasoline filler cap and causing an explosion.

[quote]Ok so the question is if he had mistakenly gone ahead and plugged into the fuel tank and blown himself (and others) up, how would the media play it?

I’m looking for interesting headlines here folks…have any?

Oh and before the flamers and defenders of the faith come out, this actually looks to be an honest mistake that anyone could have made. I am not really berating bush (on this one anyway).[/quote]

EASTER MIRACLE! THOUSANDS WITNESS BURNING BUSH ON WHITE HOUSE LAWN!

HYBRID CAR ASSASINATES PRESIDENT!! DEMOCRATS SUSPECTED

BUSH DIES IN CAR BOMBING SUICIDE IN ALTERNATIVE FUEL PROTEST!

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”][/quote]

[quote]EASTER MIRACLE! THOUSANDS WITNESS BURNING BUSH ON WHITE HOUSE LAWN!
[/quote]

Bwhahahahaha! Classic! :bravo:

Glad to see the accident didn’t leave you without humor. Hope your feeling better.

BUSH HAS CLOSE SHAVE THEN TOUCHED.

I don’t think Bush would have been in any danger. When he opened up the hyrdogen tank, he would have seen the car come back down to ground level and known something was wrong.

It would have been really bad for sales of hydrogen cars if Bush really had been blown up by one…

or good…

Possible Headline?

“Enemy on the Lawn: Alternative Energy Initiatives”

Why Consumers Demand Greater Dependance on Oil
– by Ann Culter

===================================
“Do you realize that Exxon-Mobile is the second largest lifetime career giver to George W. Bush, the Bush family, only after Enron?”
Greg Palast