Bush in Normandy

Actually, I have always gotten along very well with the French and actually have never had one problem ever in many visits to said country. Its leadership however is a different matter. Corruption and Cronyism are the rule. Too bad the French don’t rise up and have themselves another revolution. A little blood flow at the Elysees is in order.

Does’t the French leadership reflect the view of the French people? I thought they had some sort of a representative government, not a dictatorship!

Its because all of the elite, left or right, attend the Ecole Nationale d’Administration – one of the le grande ecoles.

So you think that we should bomb the school rather than the foreign ministry? or Elysees Palace? Is that what I hear you saying Chewy? haha

Fred, my way is still the best, take out everything and everyone except those buildings etc of true international importance. Job done. :laughing: :laughing:

Well Traveller:

Let’s have a toast to that I suppose (any excuse really). Have found a very nice French champagne recently that pleases me to no end: Drappier. Ever heard of it?

Anyway, I have no problem with the French anymore. All they had to do was stay the hell out of the way even if they disagreed with this rather than actively oppose us. Now, that is what they are doing. They are still hardly supportive, but that was not what we expected from an ally. Legitimate differences were always there but to actively oppose us. Unacceptable.

[quote=“fred smith”]Well Traveller:

a very nice French champagne [/quote]

Being both European and snobby I feel I should point out that all Champagne is French, and indeed must come from the Champagne region.

[quote=“butcher boy”][quote=“fred smith”]Well Traveller:

a very nice French champagne [/quote]

Being both European and snobby I feel I should point out that all Champagne is French, and indeed must come from the Champagne region.[/quote]

And I’d like to point out that the European wine industry was virtually destroyed by Phylloxera in the 1860s. The Europeans had to burn their vineyards, then import American grape root stock and start all over again. Would you prefer a glass of Boone’s Farm Strawberry Hill? :laughing:

epinions.com/fddk-review-209 … D150-prod2

If it is a good tipple, then certainly. When back in the UK I never buy French wine - for the same price you can always get easily superior wines from the New World.

Just looked at the review and it seems a little sweet, but maybe :rainbow:

[quote=“butcher boy”]If it is a good tipple, then certainly. When back in the UK I never buy French wine - for the same price you can always get easily superior wines from the New World.

Just looked at the review and it seems a little sweet, but maybe :rainbow:[/quote]

Ahhhh. Well then, you should try MD 20/20…it’s been called “The Wine of the Century”. It’s a little pretentious but it does have a bite. Night Train, Silver Satin and Roma Rocket are also excellent choices. :laughing:

Fred, i have not heard of that one, but would be only to happy to give it a try with you one evening :laughing: :laughing:

To be honest, my preference in wine is still red and french, although there are some good wines coming form other arts of the world.

Dear Traveller:

I tell you what. You buy a case and I will come and drink it with you whilst expounding my appreciation for all things French. How about it?

Freddie

Traveller and well, you, Fred:

Can I come too? I like wine. I know what it tastes like. Go ooooooon…pleeeeeeease!

BroonVin

Fred, methinks i have an idea, you supply 25%, i will supply the same, but as BroonAle is twice the size of us, he hasto supply double. How about it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I bet I know where we could meet up to. Drappier all around? I could buy the bubbles and then charge Brune Ale double sort of like as a penance for being so annoying. What sayest thou?

[quote=“fred smith”]
for being so annoying. [/quote]

That’s rich. :raspberry:

Fred, sounds like a good idea, bet methinks you might have a penance to pay of your own now. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Outrageous Traveller:

I have never been seen anywhere where I was not behaving with the greatest circumspection and punctiliousness. For what could I possibly need to make penance? For what?

[quote=“fred smith”]Outrageous Traveller:

I have never been seen anywhere where I was not behaving with the greatest circumspection and punctiliousness. For what could I possibly need to make penance? For what?[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …plenty, Fred, plenty. :raspberry:

Fred

now let me think a little

For mentioning that BroonAle was annoying.
For that oh so circumspect slipping of the business card into the non existent shirt pocket the other evening.

But then again, the best reason must be because you are Fred Smith :laughing: