Bush team gets bad info... again!

Then you should also recall the following:

[quote=“When fred made the same stupid statement Rascal pointed out and”]Yes I do remember and hence my claim that WEST Germany did supply less conventional weapons than the US.
To add the EAST German sales is a bit unfair, isn’t it? (Should be added to Russia instead)

There is nothing to disprove, I just asked you to back up the numbers and provide the links to the sources you quote from.
No argument about the 1% conventional sales, but as long as you don’t provide the stats related to the other claims I can’t say you are right or wrong.[/quote]

[quote=“Then fred responded and”]I’m sorry Rascal but why shouldn’t East Germany count. Evil nation.

Okay. Fair enough. 4 percent is mostly [color=red]East[/color] Germany but you would not have known that had I not explained that to you myself so give me some credit.[/quote]
[Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English … ons#168644](Chuckles from Bush press conference - #85 by fred_smith

Now unless you turn this into an issue of scemantics and throw East Germany together with West German at a time when it was still seperated the fact stands - the sales stats listed at SIPRI are about conventional weapons and list (West) Germany at less than 1%, in fact slighty less than the US (also below 1%).

Yeah, yeah … the facts … :unamused:

Fred, you did notice that I didn’t comment on that - so what is there to question or accuse me off?

Anyhow, continue to compare 50% of WMD sales by Germany (wherever you took that figure from, didn’t bother to check/verify) to 1% of sales by the US - which are of course the already mentioned conventional sales. Makes perfect sense. :loco: