Business Cards / Name Cards -- Need some made

I just asked a couple of days ago
5 box for 200 NT
I wanna make some of my own.

ax

I saw some really fancy shop that does it by Sogo. The building is right across the street from G2000, The Body Shop and L’octanne. The shop is on the 3rd floor, where all those little shops are at… Sorry, trying to help but I do’nt know the name of the building. :blush:

I had some name cards made about 9 months ago at a store on ChingQing Nth Rd (pretty sure it was Nth), named “Mingpian King”. I found out about these guys through THIS website, as they were mentioned on a previous thread at the time (just do a search to find their address).

After farting about for about 2 years, I finally designed the image for my card (Corel Draw, Photoshop or even Paint will do the trick) and then put it onto disc. One of the people working there edited the picture (simplified it a little, after they changed the image format), which implies that they do have graphic designers, although none could speak English. It took them a few days to complete the job, though I told them I was in no rush. Based on past expereince, I expected a few error, but everything turned out great!

I chose a plastic business card and designed my illustration/logo to use 4 colours, on both sides of the card; it’s almost “wedding card” quality, and I think 500 cards cost about $800. In hindsight, I probably went a little overboard, but it was the 1st time I’d designed my own business card and I wanted it to be really creative! It could have been made much cheaper, but I recall having no gf at the time, and hence, nothing better to do with my money… :wink:

Anyway, sometime this year I’ll redesign the card, as I have a few new ideas. I’ll probably go back to those people at Mingpian King.

Here’s their phone number: 2558 3150.

Cheers!

The Big Babou

Looking for a reliable and professional business card printer in downtown Taipei or Zhonghe/Yonghe area.

Thank you.

Yeh, me too. Any ideas?

[Business cards made - taichung

[quote=“ML McLean”]Looking for a reliable and professional business card printer in downtown Taipei or Zhonghe/Yonghe area.

Thank you.[/quote]

[quote=“llary”]Business cards made - taichung

[quote=“ML McLean”]Looking for a reliable and professional business card printer in downtown Taipei or Zhonghe/Yonghe area.

Thank you.[/quote][/quote]I think the OP is looking for a printer in Yungho/Jungho rather than a designer in Taichung. By the way, me too.

And me.

It’s rather tedious to ask this question but I need some info. Where can you get business cards made in Taipei? Or Taipei area?

Any printer should be able to do it. I don’t know any addresses, but they should be easy to find.

cardhome.com.tw/pdf/pdf970101.html
Taipei city 台北∣TEL(02)2760-3427∣FAX(02)2769-1549∣台北市南京東路五段66巷20號1F ∣
Taipei couty 中和∣TEL(02)2242-8330∣FAX(02)6620-9669∣台北縣中和市中山路二段348巷4號1樓∣

cardparty.com.tw/
Taipei city105台北市松山區光復北路85巷1號1樓 電話:(02)2766-5168 傳真:(02)2764-8284

…and I mean decent name cards; I’ve often been to places (i.e. photo processing shops etc.) where the paper they print on is flimsy & thin - certain to ruin any first impression you want to make (as the chinese saying goes “from the small points, we see the big points”.

Ideally, a shop where you can give them a word or ppt file, and all they have to do is print it. I used to use a really good place, but they closed down. Said that, I’ve always found it hard in Taiwan to find decent name card printers.

What you are looking for is called 合版印刷 which means offset printing on large format presses for lots of small customers by printing multiple jobs on the same plate. That’s what my company does but we are not interested in printing business cards.

Some of the small copy shops have accounts with these printing outfits and will put your job through with a commission on top. There is so much involved with getting files ready for offset printing that you are almost guaranteed to fuck it up, so that is the best option if you don’t know anything about printing.

If you want a high quality card you would go for 350gsm or even 400gsm silk card (雪銅) with matt coating (上霧). Taiwanese printers infuriatingly use 磅 or lbs when they mean gsm so you would refer to 350gsm silk board as 350P 雪銅.

It will be expensive because very few Taiwanese would print business cards on this stock and most matt laminating machines here work with minimum A3 format only. So you have to run a set of A3 prints with your card graphics placed multiple times then get the individual cards cut out. Unless you know what you’re doing then leave all that to your copy shop/agent.

Our own business cards are printed on 400gsm credit card stock with plastic lamination and hot foil stamping. Something like that would run about $5,000 per 1,000 I think.

Word or Powerpoint are not suitable applications for making such a high quality card. If you don’t have access to proper desktop publishing or design software then pay someone to design a card for you. It’s a bit pointless throwing down $3000 or more to print a design that looks crap.

Kagi (kagi.com.tw) are one of the printers who will do stuff this small. They accept files online and can ship out by mail but they speak Chinese only.

I was thinking of just getting a good micro printer. They are specifically for printing biz cards. They don’t come cheap but you print out your own design on demand. But what do I know? When I touch down in Sept I will probably have a different story.

I’d try nameless.com.tw got some cards printed by them based on a design I had made for me and they really came out good. They don’t use cheap crap paper and they seem to be very professional, although they’re online only.

I forgot to add that I paid less than NT$400 for two boxes with two sided printing in full colour.

River Image riverimage.com.tw/ near Nanjing E. Rd MRT. They’re actually a full design studio - expect to pay $1200 for a minimum order of 2 boxes if you supply the design, more I guess if they do.

I get mine made in the stationary store behind the 7-11 on JinShan S. Rd. across from the Shi-Da basketball courts. I paid about NT$400 or so and got 2-3 boxes. The price was really worth it and I liked the quality. I did the design myself, but the lady said they could help with that for a little more if I needed it.

NT1200 for two boxes sounds outrageous to me, especially if they aren’t designing them. If the website is proof of their design abilities, I might look elsewhere at that price.

That’s the going rate if you want matt lamination, a particular size or any kind of different stock.

For example the Taiwan standard business card is kind of a crappy elongated shape simply because x amount fit perfectly on an a1 or a0 page. A more squared out shape looks much more pleasing but wastes some paper.

The reason why you get cards done for $400 is because you are sharing an a2 or a1 plate with a bunch of other people. That means you have to deal with whatever paper stock they chose for the whole run. Usually a not so great 250gsm semi gloss or cheesy 280gsm textured paper.

Nope, got decent paper, not the usual crap you see here. To be honest, I was actually surprised about the quality of these cards, as the last few lots haven’t been anything nearly as good as these ones. Can’t really tell you exactly what kind it is, but the cards are actually larger than most cards I have from people in the US. The paper is a tiny bit thinner, but it’s not flimsy by any means. They measure 91x55mm btw.

Any news updates on where to get business cards in Taipei?