Business Plan Writing

I’m interested in finding a professional company in Taiwan which can write a business plan for a technology company. The plan have to include products research, quotes with suppliers, shipping costs and future developments.

Anyone had already this experience? I would like to see what has been handed in or a portfolio before purchasing the service.

Most accounting/consultancy firms can do this for you.

It may be difficult to ask for past work done due to non-disclosure/confidentiality clauses since most of these projects are for IPO/M&A purposes but they will be able to share the sort of content that will be included.

1 Like

Would you raccomand me one?

What is the main purpose for doing this, if you don’t mind sharing.

I’ve seen some pretty good ones from Deloitte and PwC, but it won’t come cheap.

I’d say if your target audience is not institutional investors or large corporates, find someone freelance or a small boutique firm. Unfortunately I don’t have any recommendations for that, maybe some of the others here might.

You should be able to find qualified freelancers on Upwork for that.

A friend with an MBA could probably help you put one together yourself.
Pretty sure they learn that shit.

I’ve been asked many times to write or help write business plans. So, although I am not available to help you with yours, I would like to share some thoughts that may be helpful for you and your colleagues and partners

1. First, who is the plan for? In my opinion, the plan is best for those who will execute the plan, because it can help ensure all the key parts are well thought out and aligned with each other. This means hiring an outside business plan writer is counter-productive. At the very least, a good business plan consultant will ask you so many questions as to make you wonder why you hired her in the first place.

2. Now, if you are not that familiar with the business, but would like to invest in the business, you will still want your key managers to be deeply involved in the planning process. Not only will it make sure they are aware of all the issues, but they will (hopefully) gain a sense of ownership for investing all the effort and time to think things through.

3. Similarly, if you need the plan to impress potential investors, lenders, or grant givers - you are hitting several birds with one stone by taking charge of the planning process on your own. Now you may well want a pretty document and slide deck to go with it, but those are really separate tasks that are dependent on whether you and your team have carefully thought through the key questions.

What are the key questions almost all plans should have? You will find them easily on the internet. This is a favorite set:

In my experience, the team and the execution (model) are usually the most interesting. The rest - including the all important forecast - are highly subjective, and even if these are not great, they can be with a demonstrably great team or convincing way of doing the work

I hope this helps.

If you jot down thoughtful answers to these questions, go to Fiverr.com or Upwork.com to find someone to make a fancy slide deck. I don’t think you’ll need to, though

1 Like