Business Registration

Hi, I know this was asked before but hoping for some better answers. I just want to know where, which government office or branch to enquire as to what it costs and what is needed to register a business name (so I can purchase wholesale and export overseas). I 100% clueless where to begin and just want to look at the setup fee’s monthly/yearly costs etc etc etc. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

I found the “Guide to Doing Business in Taiwan” really helpful when I set up a company here. It’s published by Amcham (you can just walk in there and buy it) and cost 280 NTD. It lists the whole process and introduces the respective authorities that you have to deal with. Nothing on the cost, however (I guess they are so sensitive to changes that the authors preferred not to include information on that).

I set up a branch office for an international company here, so my information might be different from what you need. But if you still want more details, please PM me or send me an email. You wouldn’t be the first :wink:

Somebody suggested to set up a FAQ on starting a business here. I think it’s a good idea, and I’m in (I don’t mind typing a lot). Any suggestions on what to include are very welcome.

HTH
Iris

WHere is is Amcham place,

Check this out:

amcham.com.tw/index.php

They also list their publications there. You don’t have to be a member to buy their publications.

Address:
The American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei
Suite 1012, Chia Hsin Building, Annex,
96 Chung Shan N. Rd., Sec 2., Taipei 104, ROC
Tel. +886-2-2581-7089 Fax. +886-2-2542-3376
Email: amcham@amcham.com.tw

It’s been a while since I went there, but I think it wasn’t far from some MRT station on the Tamshui line. Sorry, don’t remember which one.

HTH
Iris

I would like to look up the name of a company in Taiwan and I have their Tongyi Bian Number (Business Registration Number). What is the government website that will allow me to search with it?

I tried this one but I didn’t seem to get far (it’s in English, too!)
https://findbiz.nat.gov.tw/fts/query/QueryBar/queryInit.do?request_locale=en

Oops! Nevermind - I was incorrectly searching with bank account number instead of a BAN. I searched for the Chinese name of the company and I found the listing.

So, that’s the correct government search form for finding a Business Registration. (What does the A in BAN stand for – Business A________ Number? Application?)

unified business number they say in english.