Business Shirts

OK, so I’ve been to Sogo. Apart from being mauled by 10 shop assistants, the shirts there are in the 2000+ range.
I’ve been to Carrfore (however that is spelt) and I had a whole eisle to myself (no lovely shop assistants) and I found a shirt for 89NT - YES 89NT for a 100% Cotton, White long sleeve business shirt. In fact, I was so amazed that a shirt can be bought this cheaply, that I bought one. It’s actually better than I expected but not what I am after (it will be fine for ripping off myself in some act of defiance when I want to give some asshole the shirt off my back)

What I want is something in between. For work use, I’ll pay upto 1000NT for a decent shirt, but I can’t see the point in spending too much more than that.

I’m sure that there must be something decent in the 800-1000NT range. All I want is a crisp white long sleeve business shirt, plain fabric, reasonable quality, to be worn with a tie. When I find somewhere, I’m gonna buy at least 5.

Any clues?

Corner of Nanjing and JianGuo or corner of Nanjing and any major streets. They sell HUGO BOOS 3 for $500. My friend liked it. But he removed all the BOOS stitching. Hahah. Even the buttons were HUGO BOOS.

Like 914 says, pretty much any major street in Taipei city will have shirts for around 300-400 NT. Try Taipei Main Station?

I recently bought some business shirts at Shilin night market.

I’m not quite sure how to spell Shilin, maybe the Taip(b)eiers can help, but it’s on the MRT red line, Dan Shui direction.

Anyway, I ventured into the main market area (not the one where they sell food, the ‘other one’) with about 22 million other Taiwanese people. I just followed the crowds. It’s about a hundreds yards or so down the road on your left. :loco:

Sorry, I’m afraid I’m quite bad at explaining where this place exactly is. Anyway, I bought 3 for a NT $1000. Very good quality.

[quote=“stan”]I recently bought some business shirts at Shilin night market.

I’m not quite sure how to spell Shilin, maybe the Taip(b)eiers can help, but it’s on the MRT red line, Dan Shui direction.

Anyway, I ventured into the main market area (not the one where they sell food, the ‘other one’) with about 22 million other Taiwanese people. I just followed the crowds. It’s about a hundreds yards or so down the road on your left. :loco:

Sorry, I’m afraid I’m quite bad at explaining where this place exactly is. Anyway, I bought 3 for a NT $1000. Very good quality.[/quote]

Haha. You don’t say. You’re even worse than me, and that’s HARD! :stuck_out_tongue:

The funny thing is, I understood your directions, LOL.

costco has some nice long sleeve button downs…hmmm maybe 500NT

yeah I checked those out, but, button down collars are so, well, 90s.

Thanks for all the suggestiveness so far. Woo hoo this is like thread of the hour.

yeah I checked those out, but, button down collars are so, well, 90s.

Thanks for all the suggestiveness so far. Woo hoo this is like thread of the hour.[/quote]

chicks dig them…suit yourself :wink:

Thread of the hour between 12 and 1pm. Now there’s a claim to fame :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a legend in my own lunch time.

I think maybe my budget was too high by the sound of your suggestions. I haven’t bought a shirt here yet, brought them all with me so far. Those street ones look ok, but I am not a weedy rake, so trying on would be advisable - but a bit trickey on the streets of Taipei - walkers tripping over, cars crashing, scooters skidding and all that…

I forgot to mention that aside from Hugo Boos, you also can have Dolce & Gabhana, GUCGI, Ralpb Lauren. There are plenty more but BOOS-Hugo Boos had the most sizes and color selection.

Well, there’s a man shop around the corner from my office. You can stop in Zhonghe tonight and I’ll take you there. It could be an impromptu Forumosan gathering this evening here :slight_smile:

pub crawl…now you’re talking.

try ton lin in taoyuan too truant … they have some horribly overpriced ones, but they also had a few that were wearable. taimall has a number of stores selling the things too, do they not?

OK, Ton Lin? HWere is that. Is that FE21 ish?

shirts I see are either 3 for 500 or 1 for 2000, nothing in between