Business visa

Hi!

Could anyone explain what’s required to ask a business visa – a visitor visa for purpose of business to be exact?

I’ve been to the Bureau of Consular Affairs on JiNan Rd but the lady at the desk was not really able to help me. Quotes from this afternoon dialog:

me - Could you please tell me what’s required to obtain a visitor visa for purpose of business?
lady - You probably need your company’s documents, and also some other documents.
me - what documents?
lady - documents?
me - yes but what documents? letters? proofs of appointments? Bank statements?
lady - it’s possible you need this
me - thanks but I’d like to be sure: what documents do I need to show?
lady - documents
etc etc etc

Two other questions:

1. Is it possible to ask the visa from here (I think they can fax documents to HK for things to go faster once there) and is it possible to ask for a multiple entry visa?

2. Is there a better place than another to ask for this visa? eg: some people say it’s easier to get visa for Taiwan if you ask it in Bangkok etc… ?

Thanks a lot
Laurent

Most people apply for business visas in order to enter Taiwan for an investment application or to attend a trade show, etc. Therefore the offices in Taiwan don’t have much experience dealing with these visas as most people would apply before arriving.

Did you go to the visa section of MOFA? (2nd floor) You will need to fill out a visa application form and provide some evidence of your business in Taiwan. Examples are:

• a letter from some Taiwanese organisation or company
  • proof of a business plan for investing in Taiwan
  • proof of correspondance with IDIC.

What kind of business do you intend to do? ‘Business’ is a very broad word. If you intend to invest in Taiwan or establish a company here, I suggest you visit the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) who will guide you through the process of setting up in Taiwan.

I got my initial business visitor visa after several meetings with MOEA in London, at which point they wrote a letter to the Taipei Representative Office (London) explaining my intentions to set up business and received my visa within a few days. Please note that this was an extendable 60 day visa only with the express purpose of allowing me to make my applications for a resident investor visa.

I wrote a lengthy guide on establishing a company in Taiwan that I didn’t want to put up yet because it’s not quite finished but I will email/PM it if you like.

[quote=“Maboulette”]Hi!

Could anyone explain what’s required to ask a business visa – a visitor visa for purpose of business to be exact?

I’ve been to the Bureau of Consular Affairs on JiNan Rd but the lady at the desk was not really able to help me. Quotes from this afternoon dialog:

me - Could you please tell me what’s required to obtain a visitor visa for purpose of business?
lady - You probably need your company’s documents, and also some other documents.
me - what documents?
lady - documents?
me - yes but what documents? letters? proofs of appointments? Bank statements?
lady - it’s possible you need this
me - thanks but I’d like to be sure: what documents do I need to show?
lady - documents
etc etc etc

Two other questions:

1. Is it possible to ask the visa from here (I think they can fax documents to HK for things to go faster once there) and is it possible to ask for a multiple entry visa?

2. Is there a better place than another to ask for this visa? eg: some people say it’s easier to get visa for Taiwan if you ask it in Bangkok etc… ?

Thanks a lot
Laurent[/quote]