Busted for riding a "medium" bike. Got pink slip. What's my fate.


That looks good for you. Bring your car license, play dumb and say of I didn’t realise that 150cc wasn’t allowed. Got confused cause you can’t speak Chinese well so 50cc you made a mistake. They will likely give you the smaller fine.


250-550 cc


Just use this license plate next time



I’m driving either a 150CC or a 100. Nor more than that.


Ohh, so just a “light” motorcycle or white plate. Your “medium” made it seem like you were referring to a yellow plate since a “heavy” bike is a red plate.


I was assuming you had a car license. If not, it may be Article 21. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: if you have a light motorbike license (under 50cc with green plate) and operated a general heavy motorcycle (50~250cc with a white plate), Item 6 of Article 22 may be applied.


I have a car and I have or had a 50CC license. Didn’t they close down that license recently? My wife maintains my license fees. I only carry my car license in my wallet.
When she comes home, I’ll get more information. Will it hurt my case if I give them a call now and just ask what I can expect, in an apologetic and confused English voice.


If you have a car license, for me, the law seems saying Item 4 of Article 22 may be applied.


I called without identifying myself. After hitting buttons randomly I got someone who was able to connect me to an english speaker in Ktown.
He quoted 1,800. He seemed to be interested in the kind of license I had (motorcycle) and not too interested in my car license. I hope my wife maintained my light license.
Regardless. He said I can just go to my local police station. Not sure where I’d get fairer treatment. In the big city that deals with foreigners or my town where I’m like the only long term one.


Yeah, I survived. Unfortunately the Ktown police officer I spoke with did not really know what he was talking about. He said I could pay at the local station or go to Kaohsiung or Pingtung.
I trudged in the hot sun for 1.5KM with a broken arm to go the my local police station. They said that I can’t pay it there and must go to Pingtung.
I told him it’s kind of far. I did not understand what he said. Maybe he said, " too bad."
I trudged home and finally showed my wife. She said I should just go to the post office. For only ten dollars service charged my problem was over. Why the blank did any of the police officers just say go to the post office?
Anyway… My exact offence was driving without the correct license. The ticket was written against my 50cc license even though my wife presented my car license to the cops. I had been taken to the hospital by that time.
Once I recover it’s time to practice for the road test. Here’s some inspiration…


AFAIK, your car license IS your 50 cc license. Unless it’s changed, you are allowed to ride 50 cc scooters (green plate) with a regular car license.


ohh. Yes, maybe. I haven’t seen my 50cc license in a while. I don’t remember getting any renewal notices recently. Did they discontinue that class? They banned the two stroke engine if I’m not correct.
They really should get with the program and upgrade this provision to include the 100CC or so Class. In my opinion, the road test doesn’t test any true real world skills. Stopping at railroad crossings and for pedestrians is universal. But who is going to need to go very very slow on a narrow road and not touch the sides? Even the seawall road give you more than enough clearance.