But, But.. Christopher Robin Hated Pooh Bear. Did the family sell out?

Pooh Bear was created out of love the author had for his son. But, jealousy meanness turned Pooh Bear and friends in something hated by Christopher Robin.
As most of you know, Christopher Robin was bullied constantly by being taunted and even thrown down the stairs on numerous occasions. I believe I’ve read that Christopher Robin donated his toys to the New York Public Library more as a way to get rid on them than to give them a place where they can be enjoyed by generations of children. I’ve not read anywhere that he has actually made peace with his childhood playmates.
The new movie looks very charming and to tell the truth, as a clumsy child with a lot of learning issues The way Pooh dealt with certain situations by saying “Oh Bother” and how he behave gave me a lot of solace when I was a young kid.
I would really love to see this film but part of me is saying that it may be somewhat disrespectful to the memory and perhaps all those who were involved in the film could be visited by the ghost of Christopher Robin’s past.
So does anyone else care about fiction so much that the intent of the writers, or the feelings of the subjects involved play a role in your decisions or feelings about a certain work of art. Can you separate this movie from the real Christopher Robin?
I really would have loved Pooh Bear to really come alive and visit Christopher Robin in later years to tell him that his father really loved him and spent so much time together with him creating these wonderful tales and that his classmates were big jealous bullies. I’d also love to see Pooh Bear and Christopher Robin visiting all his old bully classmates and pulling Animal House Pranks on them. Perhaps let one or to see the error of their ways. Now that would make a great film.

This is what I have read so far on the issue:

The books were published on October 14, 1926. As a child, Christopher Robin embraced the connection to his father, but as the books grew in popularity, he would resent being mocked for his namesake character.

Christopher Robin Milne eventually followed in his father’s footsteps and they both served in the Second World War. His father was a Captain in the British Home Guard and he served as a sapper in the Royal Engineers.

It was only after his service that he grew to accept his father’s stories and embraced his legacy, which endures to this day.

2 Likes

That makes me feel a whole lot better about things in general. I wish there would be more information. All I could find out was that he hated everything due to the bullying. Great research. I’d like to find a good biography about Christopher Robin that explores these attitudes.