California fires again!

Post Modernism is Neo-Marxist. Unless of course yew think this is still all about the Proletariat.

Does anyone know what usually happens to the “missing” people? Is it because there’s no internet/cell phone connection? The number (>1000) is hard to believe.

On top of that we have Santa Ana winds in Southern CA also which are sesaonal strong winds that spread fires.

The number is down to 700 today. This over 1000 number is all the reports about missing people. Some people have been counted multiple times. As different people report the same person missing. So the list will be further whittled down. So far around 79 persons confirmed dead. Most of the 700 will probably be found to be alive. If ten persons are reported by ten people as missing then they show up as 100 persons missing when really only ten.

The air quality had improved in our area from very unhealthy to unhealthy.

We are hoping for offshore winds to come tomo night and rains to come wednesday, and Friday. The rains if they come should put out the butte fire and clear out the air.

We are holding our breath…
https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_city&cityid=317

yes they are the cause of the current second huge fire in calif. The one that destroyed malibu and is still on going.

I wonder how many of those deaths are actually homicides. Think about it…

Fire storm is coming, 100% chance everything is reduced to ashes, a chance for a do over with all the evidence turned to dust.

or…

An unsolved murder from years ago, body found because everything else burned to the ground.

Sorry…reading one too many murder mystery books.

It’s possible but chances are good on this case that the murderer wouldn’t get out alive either

But it would make a good movie murder idea
Since many remains are found cremated it is possible no forensic evidence of stabbing or bullet or blunt object wounds could be found

Poison could still be deduced perhaps from the bones
Bones remain after cremation and normally have to be powdered by machine

In fact going further many fires have been set to cover up crimes

“The state’s horrific wildfires are a reminder that abstract progressive ideologies impose life-and-death consequences on millions.”

Interesting take on the much mocked Save The Owls policies of the Sierra Club and how they may have made a bad situation far worse.

1 Like

Ya, I was on the island in August. Mid-island it went from like 30 degrees to 22 degrees in one day. Not because of temperature change, but because of the smoke/haze blocking the sun.

Has the fire impacted daily activities overall there? Outside of obvious some places are burned down.

2-3 years ago I was ready to pack up to make a life in Cali. I’m a bit glad I didn’t, not just because of the fire. Unfortunately I made a worse mistake of moving to Malaysia and my butthole hates me for it.

Hell yeah it has. With smoke at up to 260 and some places near 400 AQi, it is just about deadly to be outside and you better have some air cleaners in the house too.

That means limiting outdoor activity as much as possible. Pets and children must stay indoors. Older folk and people with heart and lung problems must stay indoors.

IT is very very unpleasant in those conditions. Your eyes water, and you wonder what the small particles will do to you long term. When do those particles get expelled by the body? I dont know.

I wish I knew and I was able to take the whole week or ten days off and escaped the bay area , like many lucky people were able to do. Its horrible not to be able to breathe the air.

after a whole day of rain , the fire is 90pct out and we have GREEN zones again. But it took a whole day in our home area for the air to go from 169 to 35 AQi even with substantial rain.

Are people given days off work? Sounds like it’s needed

Nope. but I was able to just leave work on health reasons but i hung in there as the next day air went better to about 160 from 240. At 240 i was going to leave.

Wow, I feel like it’s on par with typhoons and other natural disaster that the local government would call days off work and school.

a typhoon is generally better as air is something that you need to breathe you can stay out of harms way from typhoons.

Schools were shut down though all over the bay area from the bad air. No classes for more then a week.

Awful situation. Stay safe. Are people wearing masks?

N95 mask ran out all over. I got one and it was hard to breathe through it, i wore surgical masks which some say have zero effect but i read it reduces 2.5 particles by half . Half is better then nothing.

Droughts and more fires expected

Maybe I should move to montana

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: California fires again!