Buxiban as Farm System : Kosher?

I’ve heard from a colleague at another school who claims that her buxiban is acting as a kind of uber-agent, farming out their teachers to elementary, junior high, and high schools. She said that the teachers are paid a monthly salary which is substantially lower than the per-hour rate of the school itself, in some cases as low as $NT400. Apparently her school offers teachers there very few classes from the school itself, mostly relying on this permanent agent type of scheme. How kosher is this? Should she be concerned about the legitimacy of this situation as relates to the terms of her ARC? Or is she needlessly worrying about the legality? Thanks for any advice.

Hajib

[quote=“hajib”]I’ve heard from a colleague at another school who claims that her buxiban is acting as a kind of uber-agent, farming out their teachers to elementary, junior high, and high schools. She said that the teachers are paid a monthly salary which is substantially lower than the per-hour rate of the school itself, in some cases as low as $NT400. Apparently her school offers teachers there very few classes from the school itself, mostly relying on this permanent agent type of scheme. How kosher is this? Should she be concerned about the legitimacy of this situation as relates to the terms of her ARC? Or is she needlessly worrying about the legality? Thanks for any advice.

Hajib[/quote]

Does she already have an ARC? If so, then her kosherness is moot…she has thrice been blessed by the holy triumverate… MOE, FOP and FO…

If it is still in the promise stage…then she may have more than a passing cause for concern…

The voices of Forumosa will no doubt require more 411 to be of any really valuable advice…

Name of school would be a good place to start…

Kosher, yes. Although the pay on offer doesn’t seem right if that is the rate offered for actual teaching hours. I know elementary schools only offer about $300Nt an hour, but for the free advertising the language school should kick in the extra hourly pay rate. A teacher in a school is great advertising and cheaper than mass mail outs.

It is legal to be farmed out but kindergarten work may only take up 1/3 of the total teaching hours of the teacher. (my numbers may be out but it’s close).

Now kindy farming out is illegal agian