Buxiban trying to screw over teacher on taxes; what can he do?

The school is in New Taipei.

The woman who runs it is not above firing him in a fit of pique, in fact she has done something similar before, is why he is cautious about the all-out-war tactic.

So he’s working for people who are deliberately screwing him over, but he doesn’t want to lose that job? I’m not going to try to stay with a company that tries to steal that kind of money from me. Are jobs that hard to come by these days, or is there something else going on?

1 Like

It’s a special letter you write on special paper you get at the Post Office (well, companies usually have some computer set up to do it) in triplicate, and then send to the offending party. The Post Office keeps a copy, you get a copy, and the recipient gets a copy. So there’s evidence of what you actually sent. They’re often used to get people to realize you’re actually serious about a matter and the next step is legal action.

I don’t know if it’s still the case or not, but this used to be a cool chance to get an NT$0.005 coin, since that’s what a sheet of that paper cost and you needed three sheets. I always found the copying of these letters in Chinese in the cool air-con of the Post Office a very soothing and Zen-like experience.

3 Likes

Ta.

is there something we are missing about this guy? why would he be scared of losing a job that is not paying him properly and why wouldn’t he post here himself?

You’re mighty suspicious :slight_smile:
I’m posting because it’s just not the kind of thing he would do.
And we are leaving taipei in 3-4 months; finding a job for such a short time frame can’t be easy.

well it was a bit of a head scratcher. it makes more sense with that information but still i don’t see why he should be shook of a boss that is screwing him over when you have plenty you can do about it.