Buying a New Car

I drove a brand new Mazda CX 9 in Manila. Started making noise after 7 months. Plastic - vibrations - typical for non EU cars. Needed battery replacement after 14 months, and other small repairs.
Bought a Yaris in December here back in Taipei and it feels good. Though it is small, it has a sturdy feeling, 105 HP is good enough to climb mountains and consumption is low. 3 years warranty - no hassle. We’ll see if still happy in a while.

The ONLY f-up are Taiwanese co-drivers scratching the car. In 2 months, car got hit 3 times in 3 different parking lots. Difficult accepting a new car gets damaged so soon because of people who don’t give a f*** about others property…

Yes, I’m looking for something like a U.S. sized Suburban, or more so Tahoe size.

I wouldn’t agree at all concerning modern Japanese cars. I would say one of the worst interiors for noises recently is Mercedes and VWs. The plastics in either of those are almost deafening. By the way Mazda is owned by Ford and their quality shows it. I don’t consider Mazdas as good a reflection of Japanese cars as Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi, or most others you can think of.
The worst car I have ever heard in my life for interior creaks and rattles was a three year old Bently Continental T. :doh:

Which dealership did you bought your cx9? Coz there are only 4 within the metro manila area namely in Alabang, Greenhilss, Quezon Avenue, and Makati. If I’m not mistaken these cars are locally assembled since there is a Ford Plant in the Philippines.

Oops .