Buying a scotish fold cat

is there anybody who can help me on where to buy a scotish fold kitten? the one with the folded ear. thnx

Sure. Any of the many unscrupulous breeders that are all over the country like particularly filthy cockroaches. Be sure to check out the photos elsewhere in the forum of a typical breeder here. Don’t do it if you have anything in your stomach though, because you’ll almost certainly vomit.
If you buy a cat from a breeder in Taiwan, you are becoming a part of that filthy scum community.
Check animalstaiwan.org and adopt an animal from them if you want a pet.

Had your ears pinned as a wee laddy eh?

Eh? What? You’ll need to speak up!

No, Scottish Folds have naturally folded ears. What I’m talking about is the way they breed and breed these animals with no regard to inbreeding problems and no regard for the animals’ health. When they’re used up they just kill 'em, toss 'em in the trash and start breeding off some of the offspring, in a vicious cycle. The kittens are kept stacked up in warehouses in tiny cages the dark and the attrition rate is very high – many of them die before they can be sold, but that’s OK because they’re breeding so many that they can afford to lose them.
Its a filthy and brutal trade and if you were a cat-lover, you would definitely NOT be supporting these people.

Sandy -
Just a small joke.
I am very much in agreement with the sentiment regarding “breeder factories.”
Very much opposed to these operations and the shops which provide the animals from these places to the unsuspecting public.

You could go around different shelters first to see if you can’t find an abandoned one. My friend found a kitty like that at a shelter, and while he doesn’t have any papers, it sure sounds like, acts like, and looks like a Scottish fold. It’s very cute, and it has a calmer personality like a Persian, but it tends to masturbate a lot. Is that a male cat thing?

Actually, it’s just a male thing. :laughing:

I’ve got a 3 year old all black Scottish Fold. He thinks he’s pretty styling. It’s all in the saunter.

I got him and a long-haired fellow from a cat store lady on Nan-Jing East Rd Sec 5 in Taipei. She was pretty good to us. One was $5000, the other $7500. That’s cheap if you are looking for a real breed.

I agree with everyone else about breeders in general in Taiwan. I’ve heard some rotten things as well. I didn’t ask too many questions with the lady I got mine from. The store is still there, I can get the address if you are truly interested. The bigger places on Gee-Long Rd in Taipei near the Tung-Hwa Market, are upwards of $20,000 to $50,000 for a real deal bred cat. Too much for me. I’m happy with my guys.

I’d provide a pic of my Scottish Fold if I knew how to attach it. Oh my, that sounded dirty.

Definitely contact AnimalsTaiwan or other local animal rescue groups if you want a pet; it’s far better to save the life of a stray than to pay money to an irresponsible and unethical local breeder just to get a pet that looks exactly the way you want. The cat we adopted through AnimalsTaiwan is the most adorable, friendly, loving little thing… a true joy. I’m SOOOO glad we didn’t buy one from a breeder!

mer,
it would be appreciated very much if you could give me the address of that cat shop in nanjing and if possible, its phone number. have asked the one in keelung road and you just got it right, one will cost about 25,000nt

Sorry about the wait den, I can’t find the name card. It’s a 5 min walk from my place, I need can food anyway, so I’ll go there Monday and get some info for ya.

thanks mer, hope you can get me the shop’s phone number too. since i live and work in sijih, i think it will be better to call them first before i go down there.

Sorry for the wait den, but I have your details for you.

The store is on Nan-Jing East Rd Sec 5. #276
Phone number is 2760-0886 or 2258-3916.

Hope that helps. Happy kitten shopping!

And please don’t forget to ask the storeowner how many kittens died in order for you to have yours. Not that he’ll tell you, of course.
Keep on perpetrating this evil trade. Way to go. :bravo:

[quote=“sandman”]And please don’t forget to ask the storeowner how many kittens died in order for you to have yours. Not that he’ll tell you, of course.
Keep on perpetrating this evil trade. Way to go. :bravo:[/quote]

Well den, I suppose I’ll PM you in the future if we talk pets. Everyone seems to be getting all self-righteous about their opinions, and about what everyone else should or shouldn’t be doing.
Leave mine to me. Thanks.

[quote=“Mer”][quote=“sandman”]And please don’t forget to ask the storeowner how many kittens died in order for you to have yours. Not that he’ll tell you, of course.
Keep on perpetrating this evil trade. Way to go. :bravo:[/quote]

Well den, I suppose I’ll PM you in the future if we talk pets. Everyone seems to be getting all self-righteous about their opinions, and about what everyone else should or shouldn’t be doing.
Leave mine to me. Thanks.[/quote]
Yes, that would be nice. Keep your support for these evil fuckers off the public boards. Or spend a little time with Sean et al at Animals Taiwan to see the direct results of your support for these people.
I am deeply concerned about the problem of indiscriminate and unregulated breeding here in Taiwan, and of the stray problem that is partly a result of the work of these filth that you like to give your money to.
When you help perpetrate this problem you become part of the problem and you’re goddam right I have an opinion on it.

actually, i can support your objectives all the way as long as you can provide me with other options on how to have or buy one. I am against any form of animal cruelty too.

Get in touch with Sean, either here (his name here is Stray Dog) or animalstaiwan.org
Sean goes to various killing pounds several times each week and can look out for an animal for you. You might get what you want – I know I’ve seen several folds living as strays here. Please, at least explore this possibility before buying a kitten.

[quote=“den”]actually, I can support your objectives all the way as long as you can provide me with other options on how to have or buy one. I am against any form of animal cruelty too.[/quote]You could stop paying for animal cruelty for a start, or are you only against it as long as you can get one with cute ears ? www.animalstaiwan.org has animals for adoption, if you only want one with curly ears because they’re “hao keai!” you’re better off without one, and they’re a lot better off with someone who really wants to take care of them and doesn’t love them because of their looks. What happens when it gets older ? Needs taking to the vet ? Stops being cute ? What happens if his ears straighten out due to some freak ear straightening accident ?

[quote=“Mer”]
Leave mine to me. Thanks.[/quote]Of course you can do what you want. I think the word self-righteous is not a good word for this one though. Unless you think that cruelty to animals is right? There is no discussion of right or wrong needed here. Anyone with a heart at the right place knows that animals in Taiwan are bred in ways that are not humane for the most part. If you didn’t know that, now you do. There’s a reason why pure breeds from Taiwan are not recognized as “pure.”

Patronising people who do that kind of thing is in terms not very humane either.

And den, if you don’t want to be a part of that, but you really want a Scottish cat, pm me with your email address and I’ll send you a long list of website with animals waiting to be re-homed. I’m sure if you’re patient enough, you’ll find the right cat for you.

Best regards.