Buying a tablet, need advice

I want to buy an inexpensive yet reliable Android tablet. I’m set on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 wifi version.

2 buying options…

USA via Amazon using a $50 gift card I’ve had for a while that will knock the price down a lot.

OR

Through PC Home using a Pi points credit worth 700NTD to knock the price down a bit. Comes with a free leather case too.

My big question is…If I buy through Amazon, will I be charged duty fees in Taiwan that would make it better off buying from PChome?

Also, will the PChome version lack English operating system? (Highly doubt it)

Cost comparison for the exact same device and specs:

Amazon = $199.99 + $10.88 import fees + free shipping (minus $50 gift card) = $160.87 USD ($4,510NTD) + possibly an unknown customs fee.

PChome = $6,990 NTD (minus 700 pi points) = $6,290 NTD + a free leather case.

The Amazon deal looks like the obvious choice. Am I correct?

I’ve had very good luck when Amazon offers to prepay the duties and fees in addition to the shipping as I believe is indicated here. I’ve never had to pay more when it arrived and usually I actually get a small credit back a couple weeks after it arrives.

I’d do Amazon if it’s giving you the option to prepay them. As with anything, YMMV.

3 Likes

I love Samsung products. Much better than my Apple product like iPhone and iPad.

If you are splitting a few hairs/dollars at this point, then consider the ease of return/repair/replace if there is a problem in the next few months after purchase.

Wouldn’t it be nicer to get good service, quick replacement or one back easily and quickly even though might cost a few more tacos to purchase in the beginning?