Buying American foods online

Since E store is gone, it seems everyone online food retailer wont sell outside of the US, so how can I get hamburger helper or canned foods? is there a law against shipping canned food outside of the US or what?

Why don’t you try the search function with individual item names, and see what comes up? There are stores like Wellman’s in Tianmu, Taipei, that carry all that stuff too. Or do you really only want online service?

I’ve had some limited success ordering some food items online from the US; try eBay and similar sites. You can also get pepperoni online, or from me.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Why don’t you try the search function with individual item names, and see what comes up? There are stores like Wellman’s in Tianmu, Taipei, that carry all that stuff too. Or do you really only want online service?

I’ve had some limited success ordering some food items online from the US; try eBay and similar sites. You can also get pepperoni online, or from me.[/quote]

Well I searched google (I wanted to do this online because selection in Taiwan is poor… plus I got no idea where is wellman’s… I dont know Tienmu too well and not too many people giving me directions there) and got a bunch of matches like By the Case.com, however ALL of them only ship in the US. There must be a law against international shipment of those things?

A search would tell you where Wellman’s is.

Wellman’s Market
472 Zhongshan North Road, Section 6
Tel: 2871-4454

Try these threads too:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … man%5C%27s

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 72&start=0

do you think they have canned chili (the kind you put on nacho and hot dogs)? I looked in jason market and all they had was dammed beans… and they only had one flavor of hamburger helper that I did not like…

I ordered from here recently:

http://www.lamarche.com.tw/production.php?shop_category=83

The system for ordering etc is in Chinese but at least the food names are also in English. You could try emailing them in English if you can’t get round the website.

And now that the US Postal Service has discontinued economy shipping internationally (as of May 14), it costs a friggin’ forture to have anything sent! I had a friend pick up some Crest Sensitivity, Mack’s earplugs, pepitas from Trader Joe’s (2 bags), and two boxes of Naturtint hair color (the lighter shades aren’t sold her), and it cost me $37US to get that tiny little 7-pound box. I sure hope one of my friends comes for a visit soon, so I can a request one whole suitcase full of goodies!

And yeah, Wellman’s had Hamburger Helper last time I was there, and Tuna Helper, too, I think. I’m going by there on Thursday, I can see if they have the chili.

Hey, Mc Donalds, KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut are all over Taiwan … How difficult is it to get American food … Oh, forgot Costco …

how does this in any way answer the OP? the numerous threads on costco all mention how they don’t carry anywhere close to the offerings back home. if they did, i’m pretty certain the OP wouldn’t need to ask.

what is your point?

Do I need to have a point …

it does help, unless we’re just going to randomly blather on about whatever in every thread until there’s no point in discussing anything anymore :s

Wellman’s does have chili in cans, a couple different kinds. Sorry, but I didn’t get the price. High up on a shelf and me so short :slight_smile: But, they have it. Saw Tuna Helper, didn’t seen Hamburger Helper this time. Sure wish they’d get the natural peanut butter that’s SALTED, then I’d pay over $200 for it.

What I am really asking is there any place online where I can order these things and they will ship it anywhere in the world, so I can get a good sized order (combine it with other people) and get it shipped here. Selection in Taiwan is really bad…

I know that’s what you asked, but since no one seemed to know of any online store, I thought it would be helpful for you to know that a local store carries a lot of the things you want. It’s going to cost a fortune to get anything shipped from America, but if that’s the way you want to go, I wish you luck in your search.