Buying Apple memory

Upgrading the 14" ibook.

Does the 1.4ghz ibook have 1 or 2 slots for memory?

Is the stock memory soldered in @ 512 and not removable, thus making the max i can put in the other slot @ 1G for a total of 1.5g RAM?

And can someone recommend where in taiwan, to buy?

go to a nova store, check out for kingston or trenscend memory for iBooks, they are good quality ram and trenscend is lifetime warranty

Yes, ibooks have a soldered in 512 and 1 open slot, for a max of 1.5g of ram. Any apple store will do.

Though it looks like the question has already been answered, for future reference, you might want to check out the cool little freeware program MacTracker: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10816 - it’s a database of every Mac model ever made, including detailed info on memory/graphics, expansion/ports, history, etc. of each. - also includes info on Apple monitors and othe peripherals, MacOS systems, iPods, etc.

I’m going to be upgrading my MacBook Pro’s memory from 1gig to 2gig and just wondered if the RAM it requires (PC2 5300 DDR2 SO-DIMM 667mhz) is common or not, and whether NOVA is still the best place to source it from.

This thread is quite old but my question remains the same. Where can I buy reliable Apple computer memory (Crucial/OWC/etc) for Macbook Pro 15" (Mid 2010) ? I could source myself from the US but I would like to use Taipei’s retailers (in case memory is faulty).

Thanks

Transcend has an online search to find out which memory is compatible with pretty much any system imaginable. You can buy direct from them online (at a premium) and they accept returns if the memory does not work or is not compatible. If you speak Chinese and want to buy cheaper you can look up the model number and search Ruten or do some Nova surfing.

trust the apple knowledge base:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2206

Bump!

Basically the same question: how would people recommend buying more RAM for an Apple computer, specifically a 2009 iMac?

Apple tells me here

For iMac (Late 2009), you can use 2GB or 4GB RAM SO-DIMMs of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM in each slot.

and:

Use Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Modules (SO-DIMM) that meet all of these criteria:

iMac (Late 2009)
PC3-8500
Unbuffered
Nonparity
204-pin
1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM

To which I say, OK, but I’m not sure what to even enter as a search term for that, or what to look at in a store. Can I walk into a random 燦坤 and hope to find this? Or is online shopping my best choice? I can see a bunch of results that seem to match at PCHome, but I’m not sure if they’re actually what I’m looking for. Or which brands are good / to be avoided.