Buying from Aliexpress

dunno dude. Just repeating what I read

This is somewhat off topic, but some stuff on Shopee is shipped from China too? I got…chicken wire on Shopee shipped out of Shenzhen

Anything that says 較長備貨(出貨天數X 天) is more than likely coming from overseas. I ordered a part that said that and I had to install the Taiwanese customs app and register with customs for the import.

In early May I ordered something from Shopee that came from overseas. It arrived within a week.

There literally is no point ordering that stuff from China. Thats just someone being an agent for Taobao. You are better off to just order directly from Taobao.

Always check that the stock is in Taiwan before oredering from Shopee

Grave dig. Taobao Taiwan shut down is that correct? The only seller I can locate for a part for my laptop is in China on Aliexpress, and he is quite obnoxious. How to source parts locally in Taiwan online ?

I never used Taobao Taiwan, always ordered it directly from China.

The problem is many sellers on Shopee or other Taiwan platforms are just agents for Taobao and it’s very hard to tell which is which.

Taobao is quite annoying, I can’t seem to contact the seller, just sits there spinning. Something really slow and clunky about the website. Aliexpress is actually not terrible to use. The message seller page is good and easy to use, easy to upload photos, and you can see if they’ve seen your message too. It also doesn’t spam your registered email, which some may not like, but I do.

What part?

You basically have to download a separate app to talk to sellers on taobao, and it comes up when you click on the icon. But if your computer has incompatibility issues it would sit there spinning. But the problem with AliExpress is seller ships direct, and 9ften it’s more expensive than taobao shipping agents.

Asus FX505DT space bar, key cap, clip and hinge.

I see. That is probably the gist of the small essay that popped up in simplified Chinese which I just dismissed.

Give me a bit to make some calls and see if i can find one.

Thanks! I sent you a picture of the clip. These assembled in China ASUSes were apparently pretty shoddily slung together, the clip actually varies between laptops in the same model. So I sent you the picture of what the clip looks like.

1 Like

Bought a new spacebar off Aliexpress. Numbskulls at laptopkey[.]com, who cancelled my order as they appear to be basically dropshipping, wouldn’t even reply to my emails around stocking, so China wins. This is why China is never going to implode economically, we are too dependent.

Hello guys, I have question about Aliexpress. I have purchased a LED mask from Aliexpress and the seller ask me about Taiwan ID number. I send them my ARC number passport number but none of them work. The seller said that SF express required Taiwan ID. Does anyone have ever face the same problem?

This is required for ez way, I get asked id numbers ordering off taobao.

Try showing your seller this page. I believe your phone number should work.

You’re Taiwanese with a Taiwanese ID number. If a foreigner is having problems using their ARC number, which is a known issue, this is a different situation.

Not sure about the phone number part, but the EZ Way app doesn’t seem to let people just omit an ID number and use only their phone number instead.

2 Likes

It’s not the EZ way app, it’s that the sender needs to input the recipient’s ID number, and the system probably won’t accept anything that isn’t an ID number. I’m not sure what else can be done, as it has to be done on the seller’s side. But the page I got is just from SF Express.

EZ Way system just uses the information to tie the shipment to you.

What I’m saying is that the systems of some logistics companies aren’t set up to allow foreigners to use them. I’ve heard this from other people too. They might work for Taiwanese people like you, but that isn’t really useful when the person isn’t Taiwanese.

1 Like

Firstly I don’t rate SF express at all, but you can use your ARC I have used it a few times . You need to register with the EZ WAY crAPP. Use your ARC for that, you can give it pre clearance when the package arrives on the system. SF express like to ignore that and still phone for information with they put in manually to use for clearance.

Make sure the seller / SF express / EZ WAY crAPP all have your name the same way around or you can end up going back and forth working out why it’s held up in clearing.

2 Likes