Buying property

I’m wondering about this too.
Is it possible to get zero-cash down property here in Taiwan?
Anyone done it?[/quote]

I got into my place for $100k down. The consequence was that the balance of the downpayment (30%?) was paid monthly to the building company at no interest over the next 3 years, concurent with the mortgage. A lot of companies putting up new buildings have deals like this. Pretty hefty monthly payments, but a good way to get into a property without having to touch your savings.

Anyone done it?[/quote]

I got into my place for $100k down. The consequence was that the balance of the downpayment (30%?) was paid monthly to the building company at no interest over the next 3 years, concurent with the mortgage. A lot of companies putting up new buildings have deals like this. Pretty hefty monthly payments, but a good way to get into a property without having to touch your savings.[/quote]

Hey that’s pretty sweet info. (Nice pirate too…lol)

I assume this was for a new place if building company is willing to make such a deal?

Anyone done it?[/quote]

I got into my place for $100k down. The consequence was that the balance of the downpayment (30%?) was paid monthly to the building company at no interest over the next 3 years, concurent with the mortgage. A lot of companies putting up new buildings have deals like this. Pretty hefty monthly payments, but a good way to get into a property without having to touch your savings.[/quote]

Hey that’s pretty sweet info. (Nice pirate too…lol)

I assume this was for a new place if building company is willing to make such a deal?[/quote]

Yup.

citizen k, 2 questions for you.

1.Did you pay the listed price for the new property?
I’ve heard that the new apartments can also be bargained down in price, much like the old ones.

2.Are you just using it as personal property?
Or is it making you money?
ie: rent.

[quote=“Josefus”]citizen k, 2 questions for you.

1.Did you pay the listed price for the new property?
I’ve heard that the new apartments can also be bargained down in price, much like the old ones.

2.Are you just using it as personal property?
Or is it making you money?
ie: rent.[/quote]

1. No, I bargained down a bit. It was one of the last units in a 7 building complex that was already pretty much bought out, so it was already priced to clear well below list price, but I managed shave another couple 100k off . This was about 6-7 years ago when the real estate market was at its lowest and no one was buying. It’s appreciated quite a bit since then. If you are buying on spec (a property yet to be built), they’ll move on price a bit. Mostly they’ll just try to offer extras like tiling or bathroom and kitchen equipment upgrades.

2. It’s my home. Before I bought, I rented the floor above me in the same building and the owner of that apartment was using that unit for income. The rent I paid covered his mortgage, so he could pretty much get the house for the down payment and then let the income from rent take care of the mortgage. Sweet deal for him and something I’ve been considering doing myself.

I heard from my husband’s friends that it is now very hard to get a mortgage for “taofung”. I think it’s some new ruling but you would want to check that.

My husband built our wood loft, it cost 20,000 and a bit of work. The neighbors who spent 400,000 on theirs were a bit “surprised”, esp when we got the same rent.

have a marketing assignment where we have to pick out a business you would like to start and research how to get it started. When buying property, What do you need to obtain…permits…everything ! thanksif you can help…!