Buying Replacement DVD's for damaged movies How?

This may be in the wrong forum. If so please feel free to move it.
Them bastards in the movie industry that stole my right to make back up copies promised (at least in the United States), that we can always purchase a replacement disk at a fair cost if we show them the damaged on and there is no need to make a back up copy.

Well, my one of my expensive three disk set of the Phantom of the opera doesn’t work. If I can’t get it working through various ways, who can I contact here in Taiwan. I always throw out the Chinese inserts, but I believe that it was mastered for Taiwan by a company called DM.

Anyone have the phone number. Better yet, if anyone has the time and it’s a local call please ask about their general replacement policy. I always get the we speak no English runaround. Has anyone replaced damage disks?

Thanks.

You could just download a copy off the internet. It’s not illegal for you anyways since you own a copy of the disk and it should be considered fair use.

DM is Deltamac, here’s their contact page: deltamac.com.tw/Public/ContactUS.asp

If I were you, I’d sweet talk BFM into letting you use his time machine to go back to when the discs were new…

[quote=“the chief”]If I were you, I’d sweet talk BFM into letting you use his time machine to go back to when the discs were new…[/quote]In the 32nd Century we don’t use discs anymore, they’re so square. We use triangles now.
Andrew Lloyd Webber is still writing musicals, we had him cloned.

Have you tried the disc on a different player? Players do wear out with age.