Buying scooters in installment

So I understand that putting the purchase on the credit card is an (interest free) option, but it’d tie up available credit.

I’ve read on the board here of people with payment stubs they tear off and pay at convenience stores every month, which in my opinion is preferable at the moment to tying up a large chunk of credit.

My question for all is is this ‘payment stubs’ method widespread?

I’ll share my experience. I bought a secondhand motorcycle for 26K, and opted to pay in installments. I don’t have a credit card, so the shop helped me apply for a loan instead (I think this is pretty common).

For the loan application, I needed to provide my ARC, employer info, landlord contact, plus two contacts in Taiwan to basically verify my background lol. It may seem like a lot, but the whole process was done within one night. You can choose how many installments you want to pay in (I did 6 installments). After that the shop arranged all the transfer of tags/titles and paperwork done at the DMV. All I had to do was take my payment stubs to 7-11 each month and pay the money. It was way easier than I thought it would be tbh.

How much interest did you pay?

And what bank or finance company did they go through?