Buying Skype Credit Through PCHome

Hi everyone, the last time I bought Skype credit was about a year ago, it was really simple, just did it directly through the Skype website and had all my credit card info on there. I just tried to buy some recently and the simple little “Add $5 credit” button does not work. I even went to the Skype website to make sure my credit card info was correct and up to date, no problems there, but I still can’t buy it.

There is a link and it brings me to PCHome Skype, I guess they now operate Skype within Taiwan? This wasn’t the case last year, anyone else noticed this change? Do you have to buy Skype credit through PCHome only here now? I had an American account, so I was always able to call 1-800 numbers free of charge any more? Those account for the vast majority of times I use Skype to call phone numbers back home and it would really suck if I had to start paying for those.

I tried getting through their customer service, got it is impossible! They are making it so damn hard just to buy something, wtf is this, Soviet Russia? I’m willing to pay money, just fucking take it for the sweet love of fuck!!!

Oh man, looking at the form they have on the PCHome website to buy credit… I have to give my fucking passport number, phone number??? FUCK THAT SHIT!

What do I do here now? Buy Skype credit with a VPN? Anyone have some other, better VOIP services they can recommend? Because if they’re doing all this shit, then fuck Skype, I’m done.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Skype +PC Home join forces in Taiwan & take a huge step backwards