Buying stocks in Taiwan question

From my understanding - if I am using a local Taiwanese bank & I buy a stock in Taiwan for NT$50 per share. It will cost me NT$50,000 as I have to buy multiples of a thousands…

My question is has anyone using a Taiwanese bank bought a stock on the NYSE. Is it still in multiples of thousands. ?
For example a Tesla stock at US$538 per share would end up costing me x1000 = US$538,000.

Which is just a tad toooooo much to spend.

TIA

1 Like

In the US you can buy a minimal of 1 share. If your broker has fractional shares services then you can buy a fraction of a single share too.

Normal amount 100 share units. You can buy/sell one share but not normal and fees make it not worth it most of the time, but some times you odd amount shares as a stock dividend vs. cash payment (example 2% stock dividend in Taiwan gives you 2% of 1,000 purchase so you end up with 1,020 shares, with those 20 shares troubleson to sell.

1 Like

You might want to google “lot size”, “round lots” or “standard lots” and “odd lots”. It depends on the stock.

Thx 4 the replies guys.

Most brokers now char ZERO commission fee. So if you buy 1 share is all good.
From low end brokers like Robinhood to high end ones like Charles Shwab, all $0 commission.

No need to buy 100 shares for a beginner who is just experimenting in the market.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.