Ago
Man he was old
But still had that voice
Or maybe it was a recording
But he was OLD

If you saw someone at Yoshis and he was famous
He was now In addition to famous OLD

2 Likes

This could be a good end scene of a movie. How the two leads first met. I’m picturing a flashback ending like that Korean movie New World.

1 Like

Should that be > than or = to 50?

1 Like

I see your seven and raise it to twelve

I am very glad I never have to listen to that again in my life

Ah go on!

1 Like

Elephant in the room,

2000 Euro salary is wayyyyy too little when you are fully depended on her for everything. A year or two during early 20s maybe alright when both are young and feel energetic, love beats everything.

Starts reaching 30, reality come along. Everything needs money. She notice her “friends” getting better life quality with help of money.

2 Likes

Isn’t it amazing how only religious people see ghosts or become possessed by demons?

Not sure that’s true

You’re right. It happens to schizophrenics and psychotics, too.

4 Likes

Awesome not only am
I religious I am also skitzo and psycho
Beautiful ! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

He also mentioned his salary went down from 2000€ quite a bit, not good as reach your prime working age.

1 Like

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

I could see how financial matters would put stress on a relationship.

All this is really too bad.

Guy

Maybe my opinion will get hated but I wouldnt wanna be with a wife who decide to be with me or not be with me based on my financial status. I know in real life money matters and more u have , more comfortable your life is and your wife is happy. But if my wife looks at other people and make comparison of our life then i would say her leaving is good riddance.

Life can be tough sometimes. Not everyone make a lot of money early. Sometimes there is lot of effort and there are financial setbacks but if a man is always trying his best to give his family good future, then he deserve a supporting wife.

I dont need a wife who stays with me just to enjoy an easy life. I want a wife who support me in enduring the difficult times in life as well.

18 Likes

How many Taiwanese guys earn more than 2k? In Tainan? Bus drivers, factory operators, breakfast owners? In best way 2k is median.
Wife supports families too. Takin care of in laws, older aunties, own parents, kids. Cooking, cleaning.
Relations are two ways directions. I enourmosly helped my wife when she came to Germany. From psychiatrist head hunter & career planner, cutting my career and help with kids. I could have it easier with local girl and drive tesla for 70k like my friends do. But I love my wife, prefer relation and life are more international. We decided to work on it.
Those are my experiences, so please don’t get butthurt. I always feel Taiwanese don’t get it how difficult is for foreigners in Taiwan. I got zero support from my finnance in Taiwan, wit a lot of expactions from in laws when it came to money. Luckily she realized this is wrong and decided to move with me to Germany. Where we build up life together.
Is super easy to blame someone instead actively helping to make things better and move forward together. To me is natural I as native do more things here.

8 Likes

Not sure if the OP is meeting that criteria, though. Women might look for financial stability and then some to be confident about the decision to have a child. Money becomes quite important when trying to build a family. Raising children is kind of expensive, even in Tainan.

2 Likes

I don’t know about this. Most of wife girlfriends move in to in-laws. In countryside houses are actually large. Or parents help to buy apartments.
Is just people have preference for one child or no child these days.Taiwan was way poorer back in the days and families were large with many kids.

Well, of course depends on where you decide to life and what kind of education you want to give to your child/children.

2 Likes

My condolences, man

__Divorce is a really tough stuff. I’m not a female hater, but females take it easier than males, and in 80% cases they orchestrate it themselves. In here, marriage ends up with divorce often, especially if a hubby is a foreigner. I’ve survived the divorce myself recently after living together for 5 happy years without arguing or tears. In my opinion, there is a local factor when a woman has to let her husband go, especially if she loves him. There are a few humble statements of mine:

a) You can’t offer to her the necessity that any local can offer: an apartment which costs tens of millions of dollars and relatives, to strengthen your clan. According to the traditions, and the place is very traditional, a woman spends most of her time with the husband’s relatives.

b) You don’t speak Chinese. All the Asian culture is based on this tough language to learn. I don’t know many countries with the cult of language like in here. Kids study daily until they’re adults, just to master a new level of it. If you don’t master it, it’d work for the short time, but it’d be annoying later because you couldn’t be able to help your wife. She would feel uncomfortable doing everything for you, but in here, people care about feeling comfy very, very much. If you don’t speak Chinese to deal with banks, medicine, work or education by yourself, you’re playing with fire daily.

c) You’re poor for her. A stall place in a night market could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. A price for an apartment is so high, that a clan only could buy it. You could never offer more money than a clan of an average local boy. A local homeless, who owns an apartment made of steel sheets, is a millionaire as the local property is very, very expensive.

d) You’re not flexible. If you live in here, you should have enough resources to play local drama, constantly being jealous, survive break ups and start from square one over again. Many local families have such fighting constantly, it’s their ritual. If you’re a foreigner with JFRV, you’re done after a first serious fight, losing visa and leaving the island right after 10 days.

e) You need to be rich to have kids. If you’re enjoying your time, getting an average salary, prepare for poverty after having kids. An educational system requires a lot of money. If you’re a foreigner, your wife is probably dreaming of letting her kids speak multiple languages and having the best education in one of the local private schools. She would be happy to visit your hometown, just to travel and check if your family is rich. Are you ready to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for your kid?

f) You have minor rights there. If you look around you won’t see many foreigners. Maybe the country is not as friendly to you as you’ve imagined. You won’t have a pension, citizenship, and etc. ‘A’ in ARC and APRC stands for ‘alien’, so please don’t have high hopes. If you happen to have any feud with your wife, any local, or a court case, your visa is done. You might state that there is a lot of English around and you would be right. Mostly it’s made for tourists and locals who return to the country, not for foreigners planning to live there all their live.

g) Now let’s talk about some wife material. A standard type is when she had a bad childhood, is very sensitive, has a lot of nightmares, worries a lot. As she’s getting more confident, she will require more attention, monitoring your social networks, spying on you, and, of course, controlling your finances. I heard some cases when hubbies had to divorce, losing an apartment, children’s custody and basically everything, returning to their hometown at 50 or something. Do you wish for such a destiny?

h) If you want to have children, you won’t have them if she decides to divorce. Mixed kids belong to the family, not you. Firstly, seniors, then your wife, and then you only.

i) ‘Locals always return, foreigners always go’.

7 Likes