Cable internet or I give up on Chunghwa

I give up. Chunghwa internet service simply does not work in my house.

This is the third time since May that the internet has failed. And I mean not a spotty service. It’s dead Jim. Guy says he knows the problem is the location of the router but won’t change it to anywhere else. Duh.

I was searching for the thread where I had started the tale of my woes. I have several. Goes back to 2012. Enough is enough.

Now, cable internet with the same speed will be more expensive. What speed is really necessary to have in order to watch Netflix without delays/fuzzy images? That’s all I ask.

BTW cellphone reception sucks in my place, like, really disconnected from the world, so forget about using cellphone to tether.

So what kind of internet did you get with chunghwa? Is it one of those hair thin fiber optic cable that goes to the modem?

Make sure you do not bend those cable… because you can break the glass fiber inside and your internet will basically cut off. And the cable is only about 2mm in diameter…

I’m doing it with 60mb. I got downgraded from 120 recently, but I haven’t noticed any difference. With cable it can depend where on the pipeline you are supposedly, but they’ve probably ironed that out a lot.

What speed did you have and how much were you paying? DaXinDian cable are offering 1Gbs download for 999/month, I think the latest deal is first two months are free. They have slower speeds for less. Nego with the sales guy and get first month on trial and only sign a one year contract.

5uifzs

2 Likes

Not much. Netflix recommends 25Mbps for 4k and 5Mbps for hd. Actual bitrates they stream are lower than that, so that’s with overhead to account for real world issues with connection rates.

1 Like