Cafe coffee replacement, what are you doing?

It did occur to me that this could also be an elaborate scheme to try to steal intellectual property.

None of the roasting however is done in Taiwan—it’s all done and packaged in the US (or in Tokyo for the select few Reserve stores).

Guy

Anyways, we’ve have a lot of oat milk, almond milk, coconut milk and soy milk. Starbucks use ‘Oatly’, we don’t.

You have a cafe? I should go try.

1 Like

I doubt there’s anything intellectual about Starbucks’ method: set roaster to highest possible temperature, drop in beans, scorch until just before imminent fire, dump out beans, brew and then add extremely large amounts of milk & syrup, charge customer a ridiculous amount.

3 Likes

Sounds profitable! :upside_down_face:

Guy

Well, Friday’s is gone, you know? I think there are one one or two left. Rest closed down.

Very profitable! It has made Schultz a billionaire.

Not so sure about that.

Maybe there were a lot more before?
After I interviewed and got my very first job in Taiwan, I celebrated by going to a Fridays in Taoyuan. It’s somehow comforting to me that the same Fridays is still open 13 years later.

2 Likes

My wife makes great coffee and a wonderful.cup.of milk tea. :grinning:
I used to pop into Starbucks a few times to take a pee and ate at Dante until i found cockroaches in their rice.

My first espresso in Taiwan was at Dante. It was, er, rather bitter and the beans were not terribly fresh. But I was totally stoked! At the time I had been struggling to find something that wasn’t a milky grandissimo 1L 1980s cappuccino foam drink.

I might have missed the boat here, but “Coffee World” is unsearchable. Can anyone send me a link ?

Yeah, agreed that bitter is better than that milky froth sold at Starbucks.

Oh yes, there were a lotta. And last time I was in Linsen, way before the plague, we were the only ones in the whole restaurant.

But then I have been here since when they had Wendy’s, so my perception is a bit different.

Sorry Coffee Farm

Bafangyunji, the dumpling mob that bought Dante, must be hurting right now.

1 Like

They offered me a free meal or my money back for the cockroach infested meal. LOL :rofl:
I declined the free meal.

1 Like

Which location, I will make sure not go to that location.

2 Likes

One of the ones near Taipei main train station. I have heard that whole area has a severe roach issue or, maybe just their BS. This was about 3 years back. I will make sure I have pictures before I say exactly which one. Probably on my old phone. They did not seem to care much though.

Maybe, does Starbucks send drinks to your office or home or pick up only? (I seldom go to Starbucks prefer local cafes)

1 Like

Cama is ok, but hope you can support your local independent coffee shops as Taiwan has so many good ones and they need your help. The big bucks chains will survive.

2 Likes