Cafe Designer / Project Manager

Hi all.

I’m looking to open a café in Taipei and I need a designer who will also be able to act as project manager to hire and oversee the builders/contractors, etc.

The person will need ok English.

Any recommendations welcome!!!

[quote=“bamosc”]Hi all.

I’m looking to open a café in Taipei and I need a designer who will also be able to act as project manager to hire and oversee the builders/contractors, etc.

The person will need ok English.

Any recommendations welcome!!![/quote]

Good luck! I’ve had a few, you basically need to be there yourself daily and don’t just trust them doing it the first time right. Maybe others have different experiences, mine were not that good. Unless you have a sh*tload of money and hire the top designers.

Good luck with the project. Few foreigners open coffee shops here. Do you have a particular area in mind already?

I know two of them, but one is based in Taichung, and I’m not sure it would be a good idea. Let me ask the other one, to see if she has time to do it. She is a local, has experience, and speaks, in addition to Chinese and Taiwanese, English and Spanish.

If she’s free, I’ll tell you.

[quote=“Blaquesmith”]I know two of them, but one is based in Taichung, and I’m not sure it would be a good idea. Let me ask the other one, to see if she has time to do it. She is a local, has experience, and speaks, in addition to Chinese and Taiwanese, English and Spanish.

If she’s free, I’ll tell you.[/quote]

And that’s only the beginning of your adventure.

PM’d you.

I’ve have bad experiences with Taiwanese interior designers. They just don’t seem to have artistic taste, they are very 土 if you know that that means. And I hired ones that had won awards and stuff. Maybe you’ll have better luck. Perhaps no one is ever really 100% happy with their interior designers

Thanks everyone for the various replies and suggestions.

I’ve also received a few PM’s which I will be replying to.

The people who give the awards are also very 土.

The people who give the awards are also very 土.[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: