Caffeine free, sugar free sodas in Taipei

I started drinking Coke Zero to cut out sugar, but now I need to cut out caffeine as well. At home, I’d be drinking caffeine free Coke Zero or Diet Coke, but they don’t have that here. It seems like all drinks are either caffeine free and full of sugar, or sugar free and full of caffeine. I’ve looked everywhere, but found nothing. I’m looking just for sodas, not juice or teas like Snapple. I’m not worried about artificial sweeteners. I’m kind of addicted to soda and I can’t give it up. If someone could tell me what is available and where to get it that would be great. I can’t read Chinese, so I’m not sure what all the locally produced drinks are. I’ll travel anywhere in Taipei to get it. Local, Japanese, US, or other foreign sodas are all fine.

Try hitting up Jason’s Market or City Super (located in the basement levels of Sogo Department store). Google maps Jason’s since there’s multiple branches around the city.

You’ll most likely be able to find your caffeine free zero or diet Cokes there by the can.

Try asking the Costco thread if any members have seen what you’re looking for as well!

I did that, no result.

Been up to Wellman’s in Tienmu? They have US sodas there, but no idea what kinds.

Work with me here, I’m trying to help, you did what with no results?

• Checked both super markets and asked the Costco thread?
  • Checked Jason’s and asked the Costco thread?
  • Checked Jason’s and did not ask the Costco thread?
  • Checked City Super and asked the Costco thread?
  • Checked City Super and did not ask the Costco thread?
  • Checked neither one of the super markets and asked the Costco thread?

Did I miss an option?

1 Like

I checked Costco, Jason’s and City Super and all the other obvious places. But I hadn’t checked Wellman’s in Tienmu, so thanks for that. Anyone know what sodas they have?

I saw Diet root beer (I believe it was A&W brand but not sure) in Jason’s in 101 early last week.