California lifts gay marriage ban

It’s a victory for freedom and equal rights in California! :banana:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7403547.stm

Lets hope the voters don’t overturn it in November.

Good news. Let’s hope it stays this way.

YUp I WAs in a cafe in berkeley and 3 female couples started kissing :slight_smile:

Gay marriage?!! The next thing you know, they’re going to start having GAY SEX !!!

Wow, and we voted against it to shows you how much democracy is alive and strong in the states. Wonder how the courts will handle divorce, alimony and child support payments and custody, un-employment benefits , insurance benefits, taxes and the the myriad of problems the badly written law doesn’t cover.

Its a good idea but a poorly written law. I think gay people have every right to life happiness and misery as we all do.

They also deserve a better written law that won’t get turned over in the end.

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]Wow, and we voted against it to shows you how much democracy is alive and strong in the states. Wonder how the courts will handle divorce, alimony and child support payments and custody, un-employment benefits , insurance benefits, taxes and the the myriad of problems the badly written law doesn’t cover.

Its a good idea but a poorly written law. I think gay people have every right to life happiness and misery as we all do.

They also deserve a better written law that won’t get turned over in the end.[/quote]
B2G, I’m not sure I understand your post.

Who voted against what? What was poorly written? Who is “they” who deserve a better written law? What was oveturned by the CA Supremes was a law denying gays the right to marry. Are you saying that law was poorly written?