California School Grooms Children For Sexual Transition Without Parents’ Knowledge or Consent

They even changed one kids’ name and pronouns before telling the parents that their daughter was dead, and they now had a son/something else. The school then called the police on the parents for not immediately respecting the new pronouns and identity and blaming the school/teachers for their actions.

3 Likes

Slightly OT, but to provide a bit of on the ground data:

I just had a biological looking girl student correct my female colleague when she called the student “a girl.” The student asked her why she called them “she,” and my colleague said, “Because you’re a girl,” which was clear as day to us. The student said they weren’t a girl, so my colleague adapted rapidly and asked what they called themself, and the student, from her round feminine face, her long blond hair, and her breasts said, deadpan, “I’m a boy.”

I then thanked her for yanking a couple of dinosaurs, my colleague is in her 30s, into the 21st century and complimented “her” on “her” confidence in clarifying a misunderstanding.

We haven’t spoken about it since. :no_mouth: :idunno:

I feel, just a bit, like I let the kid down though. :unamused:

2 Likes

Is it a public school and is there a law or policy that says you have to do that? Even without such a policy, I understand that it must be hard to commit career suicide for pointing out obvious truths.

1 Like

Yes. Public, and given the amount of Culturally Responsive yadayada we have been impaled with, I’d go with yeah, and if a she wants to be called a boy when she clearly looks female, err on the side of diversity and inclusion. From my POV, They’re kids and I cannot even imagine what is going on in their minds the way things are today, the way things are presented and projected. The shit they have to process day in and out is done so in a swipe. No proof necessary.

In the 80s, if a girl looking girl said she was a boy, someone would just say, “Whip it out” and the issue would be settled.

7 Likes

Conspicuously absent from that article is any mention of what the child in question wants. 12 is a tricky age, but still. I’m not sure I buy the implication that the school indoctrinated her (him?) into something she (he?) didn’t want, or was hurt by.

1 Like

I’d say having CPS called on your parents hurts. Speaking as a former CPS caseworker, that is. The fact that CPS dropped the case is significant as well.

3 Likes

She is 12. Regardless of what she wants, the school should not be recruiting kids into clandestine LGBTQ+ groups.

Of course not. This has been a pattern for you whenever a case like this surfaces which pushes against leftist ideology. I’ve yet to see your directional skepticism pan out. Perhaps you could focus more on agreed upon facts and not potential hypothetical mitigating factors which tend not to exist in reality.

There is inherent harm in public officials pushing fringe ideology on children in contravention of parental wishes.

4 Likes

Have any examples?

As for focussing on agreed-upon facts, I don’t really know how to do that in these stories based entirely on a single source.

Yes, but I’m not sure what the point of sharing them would be.

The article has two videos and links to more articles and videos. Plus there’s google. Simply expressing that you are yet again skeptical of something that is well documented doesn’t seem to add much to the conversation.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve clicked around the links some, and didn’t find anything supporting the narrative that the school pushed the child into something the child didn’t want. The single source I referred to is the parents’ speeches. I guess technically that could be two sources, but still. Is there anything else?

We can agree on the fact that this GSA stuff is intentionally kept from parents, but not necessarily on words like “coached”, “indoctrinated”, or “groomed” (the last of which you seem to have introduced yourself, with its obvious inferences).

I’m on the fence on the GSA tactics. I really don’t think they should be monitoring what kids search for online and approaching them on that basis. On the other hand, life is hard at school for children who are questioning their sexuality, especially if they have parents who would have a problem with them being gay (or trans). Giving them a safe place to talk and get support doesn’t seem like a bad thing to me, in itself.

Maybe the fundamental contention here is how much autonomy children should have. Consider this, pretty much the only reference I found in this stuff to what a child wanted:

On Jan. 20, the principal informed the parents “when their daughter returned to school, school staff would refer to her using whatever name and pronouns she wanted while at school, even over her parents’ objection,” the complaint said. The parents then promptly pulled their daughter from the Kettle Moraine School District.

If we believe that the girl wants different pronouns, I don’t think it’s healthy for the parents to force the school to do otherwise – but that’s just an opinion, of course. And we’ll never find out what the child actually wanted.

2 Likes

No. It’s not.

It’s who is responsible for your kids. You as a parent or a government school.

6 Likes

This is hyperbole. The “stuff” in question is a group meeting where kids ask questions about stuff they’re struggling with (according to the teachers running it, admittedly). I don’t think it’s unreasonable for children to have that avenue.

I’m not gay, incidentally.

1 Like

My mistake. My apologies for the mistake.

No it’s not. There’s nothing wrong with asking kids this. But when there’s content that requires the parents to be involve, they should be. Schools can’t event give your kids basic medication without the parents permission or need parents signature to go to sex education class.

Both of them a lot less “serious” than a child’s sexuality and gender identification. The school clearly stepped out of line. I get there are situations where the school needs to step in when evidence of abuse are happening but that was not the case. The school intentionally hid this from the parents.

So the question is, who is responsible for your child Brendon. You are a parent, no? You think it’s fine for the school to randomly change your kids name and pronouns with you as the last person to find out?

3 Likes

I know my son’s teachers genuinely care about him. If he felt he couldn’t tell me about it, and they were aware of that, I can understand how they might choose to follow his wishes. Hopefully my son knows he can talk to me about anything without judgement, though.

And I don’t think it was done “randomly”.

2 Likes

You don’t just give children whatever they want. They are children…6,7,8,10,11,12,etc…children. This world, or rather the left, has gone bonkers.

5 Likes

You don’t just ignore what they want and insist that they are what you want them to be, either. That’s been extensively tried and doesn’t yield great results.

2 Likes

Yes, yes you do.

Not what I want them to be, but what they are.

But that is where we won’t agree.

In the reality I live in, there are 2 genders, male and female. Sexuality is a spectrum. You are a boy or girl and identify as gay…sure, fine. But the whole they, them, he is she, she is he etc is all pure madness imo.

5 Likes

Whether you believe trans identities are real is irrelevant if your child believes themselves to be trans. Telling them they’re not has also been tried extensively, with similarly poor results.

Certainly it’s delicate, and progressive groups have their own brand of peer-pressure around this which can be really hurtful too. But there’s no easy answer, and making your child miserable at school isn’t helpful.

As a preemptive note, my views here don’t extend to medical transition for children, hormone therapy and such. I’m not quite sure what I think about that, but I’m tentatively against it and it should certainly require parental (and possibly psychiatric) consent.

But letting a child use a different name and pronouns isn’t likely to cause any harm, even if they change their mind later – experimentation is common going into puberty. If anything, I suspect that trying to repress it is just going to make them more certain.

3 Likes

Except for what the mother said. Just like the Dad who was arrested for suggesting that his daughter was raped by a gender fluid boy in a dress. Which then turned out to be extremely true.

3 Likes

I don’t think teachers and schools should be involved in a child’s experimentation. We tend to be supportive of whatever numbskullery they get up to.

4 Likes