Califorumosication

duh?
Uh, Kenny, exactly what kind of experience is that?[/quote]

Take a look at this Yahoo article. it seems like Rob Lowe:

has been a longtime active Dem

is a good friend of Arnie, and helped him fundraise before

the author speculates that Rob can appeal to the X gen/younger crowd

and despite, my “humor”, playing some White house man on TV does give him points a) as a celebrity (which he already was, but in a recent and relevant, and not 80s or Wayne’s world, capacity) and b) some people will subconciously or carelessly/what have you associate him with his character on TV (hopefully his white house character)

Which Yahoo article?

I think he’s referring to this one:

Actor Rob Lowe Joins Schwarzenegger Campaign

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Rob Lowe, who played a top White House aide on television, has joined the real-life gubernatorial campaign of fellow star Arnold Schwarzenegger, a campaign spokeswoman said on Friday.

Lowe, a longtime Democratic activist whose attendance at the party’s 1988 national convention led to a sex scandal, has accepted a volunteer post to organize celebrity supporters for Schwarzenegger, a Republican seeking to unseat Democratic California Gov. Gray Davis in a recall election this fall.

Lowe became the third high-profile addition to the Schwarzenegger campaign in as many days, following announcements that billionaire investor Warren Buffett, 72 – another Democrat – and former Secretary of State George Shultz, 82, had agreed to serve as co-chairs of the actor’s Economic Recovery Council.

Continued at:

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … _lowe_dc_6

[quote=“Kenny McCormick”][quote=“Wazai”][quote=“Kenny McCormick”]Rob Lowe has experience in the White House while he was with West Wing. duh![/quote]duh?
Uh, Kenny, exactly what kind of experience is that?[/quote]
Take a look at this Yahoo article. it seems like Rob Lowe:

has been a longtime active Dem
is a good friend of Arnie, and helped him fundraise before
the author speculates that Rob can appeal to the X gen/younger crowd

and despite, my “humor”, playing some White house man on TV does give him points a) as a celebrity (which he already was, but in a recent and relevant, and not 80s or Wayne’s world, capacity) and b) some people will subconciously or carelessly/what have you associate him with his character on TV (hopefully his white house character)[/quote]

Thanks for the info Kenny . I am not a TV guy so I didn’t realize that The West Wing was a big hit show back in the states. Yeah, that kind of exposure should rub off to give Arnold’s campaign even more credibility. And like you mentioned, Rob Lowe will help give counterbalance the old fogey economic team of Buffet and Schultz .

Interestingly, both Lowe and Buffet are also Democrats. This may help Arnold get some of the independents and Democratic cross-over voters.

My first reaction on hearing that Lowe was involved was “No, not that ‘St. Elmo’s Fire’ guy.” Lowe also had a big scandal back in 1988 at the Democratic National Convention in Atlanta. He stupidly videotaped himself messing around in his hotel room with a couple of girls, one of whom was under age.

Interesting point. Why do you think that is?

Actually, in my experience, it is the assumption that everyone shares the same frame of reference that causes 90% of the sarcasm and irony to be misunderstood.

In the post above it may have been assumed that everyone knew that West Wing was a hit TV show in the US. But not everyone watches TV. I do not. Nor do I follow any news about TV . Therefore it was logical that I didn’t catch the reference.

Web site: gallaghersmash.com

Personally, I think I would vote for comedian Leo Gallagher. I would love to see him do his watermelon-smashing routine in the state legislature!
(Have some fun and play the Virtual Sledge here)

Gallagher

Gallagher’s Top Ten Campaign Slogans

1. Finally a Governor you can get drunk with.

2. Gallagher, the other white meat.

3. Why settle for amateurs? California deserves a Professional comedian.

4. Hate politicians? Elect Gallagher. Screw em up. Screw em back.

5. I couldn’t do worse and I’m only half as crooked.

6. No wonder tourism is down, if Gray Davis pitched a party would you go? California, the party state with the boring host.

7. Together we can screw the state.

8. California is a six pack. Lets finish it off.

9. Incompetence Corruption Selfishness - Continue the California tradition.

10. You’ve done crazier things.

11. A grass roots movement you can’t stop from rolling

12. I don’t know what I’m doing either.

13. Insanity that makes sense.

Gallagher for Gov. Platform Issues So Far

1. Because the working people are tired of legislators voting themselves raises, tie the yearly legislator’s salary, currently $99,000, to no more than 3 times the mean California worker’s salary, currently $32,000. 3 times is ENUFF!

2. Because California’s roadways are the arteries of the economy, utilize Military style heavy-lift helicopters to clear accident vehicles immediately.

3. Because you act the way you dress and wearing pants too low allows the pooper part to show, expand the indecent exposure statute to include this stupid trend.

4. Because the state is 50% Latino, mandate the singing of a Spanish version of the Star Spangled Banner at 50% of all state sporting events.

5. Because the US Government spends more on aid to foreign nations than they spend on California, allow California to secede and apply for federal aid to establish manufacturing plants, improve the infrastructure, allow Americans to work tax free like they do for other cash-strapped countries.

6. Because it is sad when a company that employs many dies, publish a business obituary in the newspaper to spotlight the loss of California jobs.

7. Because it scares me and I hate it, allow motorcycles to use diamond lanes but not to go between cars.

8. Because Mexican families are forced apart, coordinate with the Mexican government to put a dam across the Sea of California, drain it and produce a new fertile valley to keep the Mexican family intact during harvest season.

9. Because it’s annoying and the idiots are getting worse, make it illegal to talk loudly on cell phones in public places.

10. Because it ain’t drugs and it ain’t violent, let the kids cruise and show off their cars, abolish anti-cruising laws or give the kids a place to cruise.

11. Because he’s never getting out, to save tax payer money, cancel all remaining Charlie Manson parole board hearings.

12. Because the State of California represents the people, allow losses incurred by the state to pass through to the taxpayers, allowing them to deduct the losses from their federal income taxes.

13. Because I spent half my life in Florida where they know how to trim a Palm Tree, direct the Highway Department to trim California’s Palm Trees, they look like they haven’t been cleaned up since they were planted

14. Because the Legislature has scalped small business with rules and regulations, sell the cities to the Indians and create Legislator-free zones where the White Man’s Law does not apply

15. Because the well has run dry, mandate that all recipients of Workmen’s Comp be re-examined to help eliminate fraudulent payments.

16. Because the US won World War II due to their world leadership, and sub atomic particles. I propose sub atomic particles be characters in video games, card games and cartoons. so a future electorate will be more informed than the one who cancelled the supercolider.

Way to go, way2go! Can’t find anything amongst the above that I disagree with. If I had stayed in CA then Arnie would now have a fight on his hands for my vote.

Just spent a quick stop over in Mexico City and was knocked out by the number of people interested in the Cali vote- Japan, zip/ Korea, zip/ Australia, zip but Mexicans wanted to know if they’ll still receive welfare if Arnie is king. The people who asked these questions don’t need the money, obviously as it we met at a ‘let’s trade’ convention, but they know what I’m talking about. Reality sucks, doesn’t it?

We should have annexed all of Mexico instead of just the northern half when we had the chance. If we had, Mexico would now be one of the richest places in the world as part of the U.S.A., instead of a breeding ground for migrant workers and illegal immigrants all hoping to desperately escape to the land up north and take advantage of California’s generous welfare benefits. Mexico City would be the most prosperous city and the hub of Latin America - instead of the current center of rich expatriate Latinos and businessmen, Miami, Fla.

This is a great example why California is screwed. What kind of priorities do these people have? How can anyone honestly believe Arnold can do worse??? :shock: :imp:

Wild Chihuahuas spared execution

LANCASTER, California (Reuters) - Nearly 170 wild Chihuahua dogs facing death at a Los Angeles-area animal shelter have been spared by a judge releasing them into the custody of actor Gregory Peck’s former daughter-in-law, who runs a Chihuahua rescue operation.

County animal control officers seized the feral dogs last November from a breeder in the desert town of Acton, north of Los Angeles, because of what a prosecutor referred to as “abominable” conditions.

During the hearing on Friday, an animal control officer testified that the Chihuahuas had taken over breeder Emma Harter’s house. They had burrowed holes into the walls and the furniture and left in their wake piles of dead chickens and geese and a two-inch (5 cm) thick layer of faeces on the carpeting.

When Harter came out of her house to talk, “she was barefoot and had faeces all over her feet, and feathers,” testified Los Angeles County Animal Control Lt. Sheri Koenig.

In the county shelter, the purse-sized dogs have killed dogs from rival packs, sometimes by biting at their throats, Koenig said.

“They’ll all live their lives out happily ever after,” said Peck, who said her pet Chihuahua recently died at age 22. The move will also relieve the county, which has so far incurred more than $500,000 in costs caring for the dogs, said Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Lisa M. Chung.

More at:

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … chihuahuas

Check out this very colorful interview from Arnold unearthed by http://www.thesmokinggun.com/ originaly published in 1977. Rated R, must be over 18 to read this. Click on Arnie’s picture to read.

I just want to know why there aren’t naked femme fatales coming out of the locker rooms and looking for action at my gym! :cry:

I have a bet with my girlfriend. 500 NT says that Davis won’t be recalled after all. Another 500 NT says that if there is a recall, Arnold won’t be the winner. (So if Arnold wins, I’m out 1000 NT, while if Mary Carey wins I break even!)

Lemus is part of League of United Latin American Citizens.

i think spanish is good to learn, and US should be at least bilingual or encourage learning foreign languages.

still, everyone in the US must learn English, especially immigrants.

[quote=“Kenny McCormick”]I think Spanish is good to learn, and US should be at least bilingual or encourage learning foreign languages.
[/quote]

Why?

I’ll bet more Americans speak another language than Brits do. Almost everyone I know in the southern states, especially western, and calif, can speak Spanish.

There is no official language in the US, btw. If they were to enact such a law, Spanish and English should be considered equally. And Ebonics! :wink:

My, my, my. Is that really so?

“Two Taco Bell Grandes with extra jalapenos to go” does not count as speaking Spanish. :slight_smile:

[quote=“blueface666”][quote=“Kenny McCormick”]I think Spanish is good to learn, and US should be at least bilingual or encourage learning foreign languages.
[/quote]

Why?[/quote]

well. first Americans must learn English first. it seems that most students these days don’t speak proper English or write formal English. I’m not trying to ban slang. hell, that’s a part of English to some extent. but bad grammar, spelling, and punctuation do not belong in a essay. (this pertains to formal writing, i’m not talking about emails and little notes)

Spanish is useful, because many ppl speak Spanish.

why should you be bilingual? because there are other ppl in this world speaking other languages. but hey, most schools these days have a second language course choice anyways. i’m just saying ppl lost out if they don’t take advantage.

BF, do you speak any mandarin here or do you stubbornly refuse to communicate in anything but a Southern drawling English, a little body motion and lots of gesturing? :wink:

Can I join the bet??

Larsen Ni, You had just broke my heart, for the longest time, I though I speak Spanish!!

Not all California speaks Spanish, there are too many ppl who knows how to speak Spanish in CA so we should def. learn another new language. Like Frech… Je parle francais… Oui Oui

And No, I don’t want a kindergarden teacher as our governor, I want a prostitute instead!!! :wink: