Call me crazy, but

I’m thinking of:

a. importing a Salsa Casseroll from the states ($330 shipping)
b. importing a Surly/Salsa/Soma frame ($85+) and building with used local parts

My Taiwan bike search has been frustrating and fruitless.

Where are Surly frames made?

surlybikes.com/info_hole/faqs/wh … nufactured

I understand the frustration. I went through a similar search a few years back, wanting a bike that was made locally, but not available in country.

Have a frame made here: titanium, Reynolds, whatever. Then get the groupset, components you want. That’s what I did, anyway.

James at Auranden in Tianmu can sort it for you.
Auranden Bikes (二輪黨)
台北市士林區天母東路79號1樓
Phone:2876-7498

Good luck!

[quote=“samsonisfurry”]I’m thinking of:

My Taiwan bike search has been frustrating and fruitless.[/quote]

Do it. Be happy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Are you feeling blue?

[quote=“samsonisfurry”]I’m thinking of:

As this is the Season of Goodwill :discodance: I would be happy to put a bike in one of our Containers FOC . I would do it cheaper but… :ohreally:
We have just sent 31 containers from LA to Keelung but still have a few a week coming. You would just have to deliver it to our Office in Costa Mesa CA. and collect it from Keelung. There will be some tax to pay ,depending on the Invoice Value which you would be responsible for. Merry Christmas.

[quote=“shiadoa”][quote=“samsonisfurry”]I’m thinking of:

As this is the Season of Goodwill :discodance: I would be happy to put a bike in one of our Containers FOC . I would do it cheaper but… :ohreally:
We have just sent 31 containers from LA to Keelung (Jilong) but still have a few a week coming. You would just have to deliver it to our Office in Costa Mesa CA. and collect it from Keelung (Jilong). There will be some tax to pay ,depending on the Invoice Value which you would be responsible for. Merry Christmas.[/quote]

Anything to get that spoon… huh? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“superking”][quote=“shiadoa”][quote=“samsonisfurry”]I’m thinking of:

We have just sent 31 containers from LA to Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong) but still have a few a week coming. You would just have to deliver it to our Office in Costa Mesa CA. and collect it from Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong). There will be some tax to pay ,depending on the Invoice Value which you would be responsible for. Merry Christmas.[/quote]

Anything to get that spoon… huh? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]

HO HO SK :wink: I am Spoonless,due to Toms’ completely spurious Spoon Post. (try saying that quickly) However he has failed to dampen my Spirit. My offer is genuine,however,as the World may end on the 21st December, I can not guarantee delivery 100% :popcorn:

[quote=“shiadoa”][quote=“samsonisfurry”]I

We have just sent 31 containers from LA to Keelung (Jilong) but still have a few a week coming. You would just have to deliver it to our Office in Costa Mesa CA. and collect it from Keelung (Jilong). There will be some tax to pay ,depending on the Invoice Value which you would be responsible for. Merry Christmas.[/quote][/quote]

Wrong holiday, but I’ll ask anyway… trick or treat?

[quote=“samsonisfurry”][quote=“shiadoa”][quote=“samsonisfurry”]I

We have just sent 31 containers from LA to Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong) but still have a few a week coming. You would just have to deliver it to our Office in Costa Mesa CA. and collect it from Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong). There will be some tax to pay ,depending on the Invoice Value which you would be responsible for. Merry Christmas.[/quote][/quote]

Wrong holiday, but I’ll ask anyway… trick or treat?[/quote]

My testimony is that Shiadoa is of genuine ilk, from all that I can sense. If he is offering your bike some free containership, I’d go for it. If he is a liar and whatnot… the brotherhood of spoons will find him. I think Shiadoa is a decent source of honesty.

[quote=“superking”][quote=“samsonisfurry”][quote=“shiadoa”][quote=“samsonisfurry”]I

We have just sent 31 containers from LA to Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong) (Jilong) but still have a few a week coming. You would just have to deliver it to our Office in Costa Mesa CA. and collect it from Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong) (Jilong). There will be some tax to pay ,depending on the Invoice Value which you would be responsible for. Merry Christmas.[/quote][/quote]

Wrong holiday, but I’ll ask anyway… trick or treat?[/quote]

My testimony is that Shiadoa is of genuine ilk, from all that I can sense. If he is offering your bike some free containership, I’d go for it. If he is a liar and whatnot… the brotherhood of spoons will find him. I think Shiadoa is a decent source of honesty.[/quote]

How can i possibly make fun of Superking in the future,when he is so kind…damn :ponder: OP i am quite serious and its no proble;if you PM me i will arrange everything.If you need me to buy the bike (i did originally think it was a cooking pot?) :lick: I can do that also but again PM me to arrange so i can fix everything before the Spoon Police arrest me. :popcorn:

PM sent with details. Cheers, Alan

Don’t overestimate me. I am a giant tool. :slight_smile: I’ll FIND ways to disappoint you.

I’m waiting to find out how to put phone pics on here. I’ve a drawer of spoons you can’t have. A drawer!!! I revel in my spoons. I positively revel in them.

Thank you!