Calligraphy Classes/Teacher

Hi!
I apologise if I’ve posted this in the wrong place, but I wasn’t sure exactly where this would fit.
I’m in Taiwan for three weeks during summer for ‘intensive’ Chinese classes (In my honest opinion, 20 hours a week is not very intensive), prior to starting a bachelor in Chinese in September. I am looking for a 1-1 calligraphy class on Sundays (or Saturdays at a push). I’m British but grew up in Switzerland, so I also speak French and German. Ideally, I’d like someone fluent in Chinese (experience has taught me that doing some sort of applied subject is a better way of learning a foreign language).
I’m looking to pay around NTD 500/hour. Alternatively swapping against help with English/French/German is also fine. :slight_smile:
I will be in the Taipei region.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 4&t=112872

Poster on here 'riceworm" does just that. Not sure about the cost but it would be worth a PM.

[quote=“E04teacherlin”]http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=112872

Poster on here 'riceworm" does just that. Not sure about the cost but it would be worth a PM.[/quote]

Thank you very much! I’ve sent him a PM!

[quote=“tainted”]Hi!
I apologise if I’ve posted this in the wrong place, but I wasn’t sure exactly where this would fit.
I’m in Taiwan for three weeks during summer for ‘intensive’ Chinese classes (In my honest opinion, 20 hours a week is not very intensive), prior to starting a bachelor in Chinese in September. I am looking for a 1-1 calligraphy class on Sundays (or Saturdays at a push). I’m British but grew up in Switzerland, so I also speak French and German. Ideally, I’d like someone fluent in Chinese (experience has taught me that doing some sort of applied subject is a better way of learning a foreign language).
I’m looking to pay around NTD 500/hour. Alternatively swapping against help with English/French/German is also fine. :slight_smile:
I will be in the Taipei region.[/quote]

Hi tainted

I thought I should mention that your 20 hours a week is contact time only. Your teacher will load you with homework and test preparation, probably to an extent you’ve never experienced before. See this thread: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 0&t=116739

Good luck with the course.

[quote=“Petrichor”][quote=“tainted”]Hi!
I will be in the Taipei region.[/quote]

Hi tainted

I thought I should mention that your 20 hours a week is contact time only. Your teacher will load you with homework and test preparation, probably to an extent you’ve never experienced before. See this thread: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 0&t=116739

Good luck with the course.[/quote]

Hi there!

Thank you for your comment! That’s excellent news! I was worried that I would be bored to death outside of class times. I’m curious though. I haven’t requested any standardised exams. What sort of tests will they be?

I’m afraid I don’t know. But if you ask over in the Learning Chinese forum you’ll get lots of information there.

Hi tainted:

Have you found your Calligraphy classes yet?
I’m the person who majored in Chinese Painting and Calligraphy in university.If you have any ideals you can contact with me. :slight_smile:

You hadn’t expected tests or exams ? Neither did I ha ha I got 3 a week , but I wasn’t on an intensive course , you will probably get them daily. Expect to learn about 50 characters a week, to read, write and build upon that weekly. Week 2s test will test week 2 and week 1s characters. 20 hours is a lot, it will be intense.