Calling all blondes - questions for the ladies out there about hair salons

I have two sets of questions.

First, what do you pay for hair salon services? Do you tip, and if so, how much? (I am just curious to hear from others in Taipei/Taiwan).

Second, I am looking for a reasonably priced salon that offers coloring with Olaplex. Suggestions for anywhere in Taipei City are welcome.
:haircut_woman:

Thanks and enjoy the weekend!

Does no one go to the hair salon? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Nope. Gave up years ago. Too expensive. Now I get my haircut at the police station.

Seriously, my blonde pals either also gave up or go to the fancy expensive places in Tianmu. Which I cannot quite get, because I see locals with gorgeous blonde colors, well kept.

If you want to try I got a pal that is quite fond of one in Nanking road. Can ask for address if convenient.

1 Like

Ha, I can sympathize with that. Still I am afraid I will need a pro for my hair - yes I’d be glad to get a tip - feel free to either place the info to the thread or just PM me.

Thanks, @Icon, have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine! :sunny:

received_10156380959317754

This one saved a colleague`s hair. Hope they have what you need.

If it’s naturally curly blonde hair, I would be careful with going to a local salon. Unless you’re paying an arm and a leg. Nonetheless, you are likely to get what you pay for. I have paid for 400NT, 600NT and 1000NT cuts and they all reflect their price tags. Of course, I’m a guy and for girls it’s a bit different, but the gf normally likes my 1000NT stylist and says my 400NT stylist cuts are “meh”.

They are good, but I have had a blonde haired Dutch friend that had some bad luck with local salons.

The stylist I go to (and the gf goes to) goes to seminars and workshops in the UK on a yearly basis and is also located in the Zhongshan MRT area. My non-blond foreigner friend loved what she did with her hair, but her English isn’t great.

That you should bring the hair style pic with you next time.

The trick is finding someone who can work with our hair texture. Not necessarily trained abroad. I have had people from the South who understand wavy hair, for example. My humble police station salon lady knows that hair dye takes less time and different proportion in our fine Western hair.

Finding a good hairdresser is harder than finding a boyfriend we say, LOL.

2 Likes

Thank you @Icon for the contact info. Also good point about the hairdresser knowing knowing how much time for hair dye with different hair types - with very fine hair I am always afraid of it getting “burned off” when I get it colored/highlighted. :fearful:

Yes, @ranlee it is not curly, but thin and very fine and kind of wavy if not styled - could be similar to your Dutch friend’s hair. If you have the name of the salon maybe I could swing by and check it out when I am in the area.

@Cheryl99 - good idea - thanks!

Last option, come with me to the police station!

1 Like

Maybe if nothing else pans out I may consider that - thanks - what part of town are is the police station in?

Main Station.

Ok - thanks and I will let you know! Have a great weekend! :grinning::grinning:

:sob::anguished:

Sorry, I don’t understand. I did not mean to offend…

Not your fault, just that we have a very short weekend due to make up work day on Saturday. Can’t take day off as the boss already did… and left yours truly in charge.:smiling_imp::imp::crazy_face:

Ah, yes, I see - the make-up day. This concept is not bad in theory, but it always reminds me of elementary school days.

I hope the rest of the work weeks goes by fast that you have ample time off next week!

20180317_170026

Plans include lots of flower gazing and park visiting. Enjoy!

And talking about colors, Lord knows I need a hair dye.

1 Like

Narciss Salon and ask for the female Sammi.

@ranlee

Many thanks, Ranlee! :hugs::hugs:

1 Like