Calling out Dave The Lurker

Should Dave The Lurker start posting?

• No, he should stay a lurker and make a career out of it.
  • Yes, he should. He has so much to contribute to our community.

0 voters

Me and Chris had the most wonderful experience last night at the HH. We met a very special person:

Dave The Lurker

Dave The Lurker is the first lurker I’ve ever met. I was beside myself and beside me was Chris, who was also pretty beside himself. He postponed leaving for hours, just so he could talk to Dave The Lurker.

Lurkers are special, delicate creatures and we should cherish them.

Chris touched his hair. How did that feel, Chris? I bet you’re not going to wash your hand for weeks.

Anyhoo, we tried to convince Dave The Lurker to come out of the darkness and start posting, but we were drunk. Now, I’m not so sure that’s a good idea. I mean, if he comes out he won’t be Dave The Lurker anymore, you know? What then?

So, what do you guys think, should Dave The Lurker start posting?

And if he does, I think he should ask the admin to change his name from whateveritisnow to Dave The Lurker.

PS. Thanks, lupillus, for bringing Dave The Lurker into our lives :slight_smile:

Part of Dave’s appeal is the fact that when you ask who he posts as he just says: -
“I don’t post I’m a lurker”

That there gives him intrigue along with the pony tail and his ability (not demonstrated last night) to do one handed press ups with cute girls on his back.

I say Dave, if you are reading this, keep lurking man!

DAVES NOT HERE! :slight_smile:

Dave hasn’t got internet. His neighbours turned it off on him.

Which is in part a major reason why he doesn’t post much, methinks.

However I’m sure he’d be pleased to hear these nice things.
Perhaps I should print these posts out and hand them to him. Then he can hand-write his response and I can scan it in and post it in this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well if he doesn’t have the internet, he can’t be much of a lurker now, can he?

FACT: Most lurkers don’t use the internet, they use the Intrawebber.

He uses Windows.

I came out of the closet as a long-time lurker a wee while ago. The transition has been fine for the most part. No regrets. But Dave can really milk the mystique now that he’s out at happy hours and being discussed here online. It would be a good social career move for him to stay lurker. Lurk on! (Although a true lurker probably wouldn’t even admit to lurking for that violates the lurkers’ vow of chastity).

[quote=“tash”]Me and Chris had the most wonderful experience last night at the HH. We met a very special person:

Dave The Lurker

Dave The Lurker is the first lurker I’ve ever met. I was beside myself and beside me was Chris, who was also pretty beside himself. He postponed leaving for hours, just so he could talk to Dave The Lurker.[/quote]

:unamused: I met him LAST Happy Hour. You’re so behind the times, tash and Chris.

I think he should become Dave the Ex-Lurker. Then he can introduce himself as an ex-lurker. How cool is that? :sunglasses:

He could always Smurf as a lurker.

Are you ever really an “ex” lurker? I mean I understand with care and by working at it he may not re-offend but the natural tendency will always be there right?

I would like to call for a register of known lurkers! Who is with me?

Kind of like when they tried to register all the mutants in the last X-men movie?
Geez, that didn’t turn out well!

It was only a movie…sheesh, will someone talk to him?

But aren’t we all ex-lurkers? We all read posts before posting for the first time right?

Lurking sounds perverted the more times you say it.

Keep it up. :wink:

I lurk; therefore I am not.

Hello Tash and Chris!

:beatnik:

[quote=“Davy”]Hello Tash and Chris!

:beatnik:[/quote]

Welcome, now light up the scuba thread with some of your stunning pics.

[quote=“Davy”]Hello Tash and Chris!

:beatnik:[/quote]

Can it be true? Is it Dave the Ex-Lurker?

Welcome!