Can a foreigner sell things in a Night market?

I know a guy who gave up a white-colar ofice job to open a nightmarket stand; figures he makes more money.

[quote=“Okami”]If you are married you can have a night market stand

If it is less then 4 pings you do not need a business license

If you can work it out through MOEA and have a proper stand and Speak/read Chinese or use an accoutant you can have a night market stand. It will be more expensive.

The hardest part is actually finding a good spot.

Good Luck,
Night market master Okami[/quote]

How can I go through the MOEA exactly? I have an offer for a small spot in a nice location, just everything else is the problem. I am not married. I do speak,read,write basic chinese. I would assume the spot is also less than 4 pings as its only half a spot (all i need). DO you have an idea what going through the MOEA is like? Costs, etc?

thanks

Probably … because he’s not going to pay any taxes … :astonished:

sinepythgimeht, I wish I know too.

Did you come to any conclusion?

[quote=“belgian pie”]My guess is that 90% of nightmarket stand holders do not have any kind of permit … they are so illegal you can’t imagine … who cares anyway … most foreigners that sell there are in the same boat probably, just hoping no one checks on them
Most nightmarkets are controlled by some people that rent private space or get permission from the local government, pay their dues and than collect from stand holders. So who cares who is selling what, as long as you pay your fees …[/quote]

Take it from a laoban… The above is the right answer to the op’s question.

As for comments about the mob controlling or taking a cut from nightmarket-Joe-Bloe-tacos-seller…Get real folks. Funny, really funny…

bobepine

Edit: I forgot to ask. Belgian pie, how much do you have to pay the mob to operate your own restaurant? Pm me if you’re afraid to post about this. :wink:

I spoke to a guy (who has an JFRC)) about being his neighbor in what is going to be a pretty good night market when the new expansion of the blue line opens up in Banchiao. He makes good money running an illegal space on a sidewalk in front of a building that doesn’t do very well besides its pachinko, scantily clad hootchies, and basic gambling. He has to pay the authorities <fines???> a couple times a year to be where he is and he says he doesn’t mind because he considers it to be the cost of doing business. I’m pretty sure that he pays no taxes at all. He has another business that he does pay taxes on.

I’ve been developing a “taste sensation” for many months now and I hope to Develop this into a “food stall business”

I just wish I could get married!!