Can a GIF file be editted?

To honor Tigerman’s magnanimous guanxi donation, I went out and found the most kickass possible Avatar in all of creation. However, after attempting to jam it into Forumosa about 5 times, I finally realized why it won’t go: too big. Is it possible (for a computer-ignorant luddite like myself) to shorten the duration of a GIF file?

What’s wrong with it? Seems to be working just fine.

Now that’s really WEIRD. When I logged in, it was just a little white box with a red X in it - and that’s usually what it’s been since I attempted to upload it. Hmmmmmm…

It’s pretty sweet, though, isn’t it? :wink:

It’s just a white box with an X in it to me.

That’s because it’s on geocities, they won’t let you link to a .jpg or .gif.

But you can link to a .txt, rename it to a .txt

I can see it.

Weird. I can’t get an avatar to show up on a post. I have it displaying on my profile page, but not on any posts. Is this linked to your overall posting rank?

this thread reads like the emperor’s new clothes. weird

alleycat, it’s not nice to mess with people’s minds.

[quote=“travis”]Weird. I can’t get an avatar to show up on a post. I have it displaying on my profile page, but not on any posts. Is this linked to your overall posting rank?[/quote]You have to go to the “F/X Store” at the top of the page, then “Shop List” there you have to buy the right to have an avatar, luckily you just have enough guanxi :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s the same with your signature too.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“travis”]Weird. I can’t get an avatar to show up on a post. I have it displaying on my profile page, but not on any posts. Is this linked to your overall posting rank?[/quote]You have to go to the “F/X Store” at the top of the page, then “Shop List” there you have to buy the right to have an avatar, luckily you just have enough guanxi :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s the same with your signature too.[/quote]
Thanks a lot BFM. You know, I’ve been looking for info on this all over the site and this is the first post I’ve seen about it!

Rather important info, I’d say… :unamused:

[quote=“travis”]Thanks a lot BFM. You know, I’ve been looking for info on this all over the site and this is the first post I’ve seen about it!

Rather important info, I’d say… :unamused:[/quote]I agree, it’s not in the FAQ, and you’re not the first to ask :wink:

[quote=“Kenny McCormick”]this thread reads like the emperor’s new clothes. weird

alleycat, it’s not nice to mess with people’s minds.[/quote]

I’m not. His avatar is Neo kicking ass.

Can’t see it and my eyes are open this time

Vay, you may want to change the link to the one I am using. I’ll just be leaving it for a day to see if others can see it on mine.

moviejustice.com/images/gene … dedava.gif

Can’t see it Alleycat.

Brian

You guys are fucking with me, right? I can see mine and Vay’s.

I cant see either. If you guys are smoking something please share!

Just to confuse you more. If I cut and paste the URL for Alleycat’s avatar into Expolorer, I don’t get anything. If I cut and paste Vay’s I can see the gif. Weird.

Brian

Alleycat, that site is where I got the GIF. It worked at first but then stopped. I e-mailed them and they said they can’t let people link to their site anymore. Thanks anyway though.