Can am spider. How cool is that bike

I want one. Gime, gime, gime :slight_smile:

It looks just like a snowmobile with wheels. :s
I’d prefer an Ariel Atom and not have to bother with the helmet to be honest. Why three wheels not four? Or two for that matter?

that’s going to feel so weird to ride…

I don’t get it either… what’s the point of a “motorcycle” that doesn’t lean, weighs a ton and is as wide as a car?.. :idunno:

A strange-looking, ugly, impractical thing that doesn’t look much fun to ride. Probably costs a fortune, too. Waste of time.

Yeah, but it makes your dick look bigger.

except to real motorcyclists.

here’s a video…I would think that if you stopped quickly the thing would flip over…seems like there is no front and back break, they are all connected together.

It actually makes me think of a Honda V-Max for people who can’t steer, or ride motorcycles.

Oh, wait. That was the point of the original V-Max, wasn’t it? That, and pulling tree stumps and towing boats.

Its kinda nice in a wierd sort of way , but it kinda reminds me of the 3 wheel motos the handicapped ride in Taiwan?

Nyet for me then.

I like it.

I suppose it does look kind of, er, interesting, and not in a completely bad way… But other than that the only positive thing I can think to say about it is that if the design brief was “Create a road going vehicle that fully aggregates in one vehicle all of the disadvantages of a motorcycle and all the disadvantages of a car, while including as few benefits of either as possible.” then they’ve done a spectacular job… :bravo:… :ponder:

I’m very confused as to how this vechicle can turn since it appears that it doesnt lean. :s Any lateral wheel motion looks like it will easily flip the thing over. Unless you can drift the back wheel around all the corners :laughing:

Cars turn, and they have two back wheels to “drift around all the corners”, except the many three wheelers that have, or had, this configuration. Morgans, Isetta and other bubble cars, T-Rex, Citroen Trihawk, loads of obscure kit cars, some of them very fast.

My Heinkel / Trojan 2000 bubble car (worth a bloody fortune now, sold it for buttons, blah blah blah…) turned just fine.

I’m very confused as to why you’re confused. Maybe you’re confusing it with a motorcycle. I’ve heard they can fall over.

Or three wheelers with one steering wheel at the front, as seen in Taiwan. They’re pretty much obliged by the laws of physics to fall over, if they go at all fast.

[quote=“tommy525”]Its kinda nice in a wierd sort of way , but it kinda reminds me of the 3 wheel motos the handicapped ride in Taiwan?

Nyet for me then.[/quote]

That should be “4-wheel motos the handicapped ride in Taiwan”, and maybe you should touch wood.

Surely that’s not possible in my case! :wink:

Rolled up socks are far cheaper!

Of course for those with money to spend there’s always a big blerty exhaust pipe for their scooter, a shiny seat cover, some vented Brembo brakes, a rock solid rear shock, some plastic cable ties on the rear license plate, a glowing neon ring on the engine fan, a stick on big-head spiderman, a front mudguard for the rear wheel, a rear wing, some flashing disco indicator and brake lights and some poorly translated English racing stickers to match the dodgy Japanese stickers. Oh, and some fierce eyes for the clear rear light lens. Oo! Oo! and some of those stick on crystals.
Yep, with that lot one couldn’t fail to maximize the size of one’s penile implant!

heres the video review tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cKXUwJfpewg
I suppose the 3 wheels are starting to make a bit of sense physics wise to me, but I’m still puzzled by what we really get for this package. Besides having a fancy looking toy, I’d rather go for something like the t-rex. Makes a bit more sense to design a motorcycle typed car than a car typed motorcycle.

So in summary, it doesn’t lean the right way, the only fun is that you can do burnouts, it barely makes a U turn, no more fun than a Lotus 7 (I can’t imagine anywhere near as much fun as a Lotus 7, or anywhere even close to being as fast) and it is actually a reworked snow mobile.

Crap then! Buy a Car!

[quote=“Temple”]heres the video review tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cKXUwJfpewg
I suppose the 3 wheels are starting to make a bit of sense physics wise to me, but I’m still puzzled by what we really get for this package. Besides having a fancy looking toy, I’d rather go for something like the t-rex. Makes a bit more sense to design a motorcycle typed car than a car typed motorcycle.[/quote]

Ya its wierd, may as well put four wheels on it and call it an ATV for the road. NO real advantage, as it clearly is not a motorcycle.

I like the idea and the design, but i don’t think its convenient for mountain roads with tight turns…