Can anybody recommend a Hotel for short time encounters

Anybody who wants to share their experiences on where to go, and where not to, when you can’t take your girlfriend home?
Don’t want to end up on a VCD on the night marke…t :wink:

you really are bored today aren’t you?

Allegedly there’s one near Longtan MRT, the one immediately to the east of Taipei Main Station.

Allegedly!

[quote=“Alleycat”]Allegedly there’s one near Longtan MRT, the one immediately to the east of Taipei Main Station.

Allegedly![/quote]The Lai Lai Sheraton ? I’m not sure that’s what he had in mind.

No, the lie lie sheraton.

And that could work both ways.

What about MTV??? Enjoy a movie while you do your thang.

This has to be a hoax. Can’t find a love hotel in Taipei? Please. :unamused:

Love hotel? What kind of a term is that? Is that Chinglish here?

We use the term ‘love hotel’ in the States. I think at MTVs it’s almost expected that that’s what you’ll be using the room for rather than for watching movies…of course, there are those annoying little windows in the doors of some MTV rooms…um, not like I’d know anything about that or anything.

Japanese

[quote=“ImaniOU”]We use the term ‘love hotel’ in the States. I think at MTVs it’s almost expected that that’s what you’ll be using the room for rather than for watching movies…of course, there are those annoying little windows in the doors of some MTV rooms…um, not like I’d know anything about that or anything.[/quote]But it’s pretty dark in there, so you wouldn’t see much even if you peered through the little window. Erm… or so I read somewhere :blush:

As wolf suggested, there are 3-hour hotels all over Taipei.

I stayed at one of them (the MiDu) for about a week when I arrived for my second stint in Taiwan a few years ago and didn’t have an apartment worked out. People (mostly businessmen with younger shaojies) coming in all hours of the day to do their thing. I was chastely involved in a monogamous, long-term relationship with a girl who lives way out in TuCheng, so she stayed with me. We had a good time laughing at some of the characters coming in and out, but don’t worry, we wouldn’t be able to identify them now.

[quote=“Tomas”]we wouldn’t be able to identify them now.[/quote]Phew, that’s a relief.

Does it matter where you are when your in love, again? Stop at the next hotel you see.