Can anyone offer some answers please?

I’ve been searching but I can’t seem to find answers that REALLY matches my questions, so I’m posting to see if anyone knows anything.

Besides the difference in that you can only enter Taiwan once with a 2 month single entry visitor visa, and you can enter several times with a 3 month multiple entry visitor visa, and the price difference between the two. Is there any difference to a 2 month single entry visitor visa, or a 3 month multiple entry visitor visa?

With a single entry visa and a work permit, can you leave and come back? Eg. go on vacation to HK every month? Or you have to stay in Taiwan?

For the 3 month multiple entry visitor visa, do we HAVE to reenter every once in a while or we can leave and reenter Taiwan anytime as we wish. Free as a bird.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

If you have a work permt you must apply for a resident visa. That will come with a re-entry permit, so your 60 day visitor visa is superfluous.

I don’t know about the three month multi-entry visa, but I knew a guy who had a 6 month multi-entry visa. He had to leave and come back every two months.

Thanks Dr. Zoldberg, anyone else??

If you have a multiple entry visa you can come and go as you please within that visa’s validity period .

If you have a multiple entry you may have to leave every 60 days and then return, as many here do. If you have a work permit and ARC you can also have visa’s which allow you to travel as you please.

[quote=“Satellite TV”]If you have a multiple entry visa you can come and go as you please within that visa’s validity period .

If you have a multiple entry you may have to leave every 60 days and then return, as many here do. If you have a work permit and ARC you can also have visa’s which allow you to travel as you please.[/quote]

multiple entry visa? You can come and go? But multiple entry you have to leave 60 days and then return? Sorry I don’t really get it…is there a difference between the two?

What kind of visa ca we get to travel as we please after we have ARC and work permit?

Thanks Satellite TV!!!

Your work permit allows you to get an ARC and a re-entry permit in your passport. That re-entry permit will be stamped ‘multiple’ which means you can come and go as you please so long as the ARC is valid.

Hmmmm…now I am wondering

What if you have an Extendable Visitor Visa? Can you come and go as you please during the duration of your Visitor Visa?

Is it possible to get a re-entry permit with a Visitor Visa? Is it needed?

[quote=“jessccw”][quote=“Satellite TV”]If you have a multiple entry visa you can come and go as you please within that visa’s validity period .

If you have a multiple entry you may have to leave every 60 days and then return, as many here do. If you have a work permit and ARC you can also have visa’s which allow you to travel as you please.[/quote][/quote]

multiple entry visa? You can come and go? But multiple entry you have to leave 60 days and then return? Sorry I don’t really get it…is there a difference between the two?

What kind of visa ca we get to travel as we please after we have ARC and work permit?

Multiple entry mean that you can enter and leave as many times as you like.

The length of maximum stay is wriiten on the visa so it could be 30 days 60 days 6 months or 12 months depending on the visa.

The two are not related.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“jessccw”][quote=“Satellite TV”]If you have a multiple entry visa you can come and go as you please within that visa’s validity period .

If you have a multiple entry you may have to leave every 60 days and then return, as many here do. If you have a work permit and ARC you can also have visa’s which allow you to travel as you please.[/quote]

Multiple entry mean that you can enter and leave as many times as you like.

The length of maximum stay is wriiten on the visa so it could be 30 days 60 days 6 months or 12 months depending on the visa.

The two are not related.[/quote][/quote]

thanks, I understand that with this multiple entry visa we can come and go as we want. But do we have to GO BACK to TAIWAN every 30 days or so, or after certain time durations? That’s what I don’t get.