Can Anyone Suggest a Good Dentist?

I am looking for a well qualified dentist in the Taipei area who can be trusted NOT to suggest procedures just for financial gain.Has anyone had experience with a dentist having such integrity?If so please share.

Is English a concern?

Try a public hospital. Got burned by a dentist giving unnecessary proceedures. Then went to cardinal tian hospital and they were trustworthy on that front.

In public hospitals you’ll find most reception staff don’t speak much English, but the doctors typically do.

Ntu hospital might be a good choice.

Yours should be :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I agree that a Hospital is worth a try first .
I can recommend someone in Taichung , depending on the work required, should you be able to travel.

1 Like

I’d recommend 暘昇牙醫診所 / SHINE Dental Studio (https://www.facebook.com/shinedentalstudio/) near Nanjing Fuxing, Dr Ray specifically. He is Taiwanese but studied dentistry in the US. Flawless English, friendly & did a very good job.

1 Like

English is not a major concern.My Mandarin is OK generally but my dentistry related vocabulary is limited.

Thanks for the tip.It would not have occurred to me to try a public hospital.(I am just visiting Taiwan.)Does one simply register and wait or is there some sort of appointment system?

This guy has done a lot of work for our family successfully. Haven’t had a reason to move on yet. He’s steered us elsewhere a couple of times when he thought there was a better fit. No clue about his English. Usually there can be a bit of a wait for an appointment, but he makes time for urgent cases.

富群牙醫診所

No. 1號, Lane 71, Section 1, Shipai Road, Beitou District, Taipei City, Taiwan 112
+886 2 2826 2311 https://g.co/kgs/JEB4Nf

@tempogain I have a clip of you …sorry I could not resist .

1 Like

I just go to the public counter and tell them your problem. Then the appointment is usually same day. Occasionally it’s the following day.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.