Can China invade Taiwan successfully?

This guy thinks China is full of shit. Good analysis. Worth watching for the reasons why.

Isn’t he that controversial sexpat guy or something?

Is he? I didn’t know that. He left China and seems to hate it now. Most of his videos are critical of China and CCP.

No he is not.

1 Like

I am in HK and a day rarely goes by without some news about China flying into Taiwanese airspace with greater number of aircraft. US, UK, Oz and European aircarriers steaming into the Pacific to protect international maritime routes etc etc.
However looking at the threads from people in Taiwan it is ‘where is the best danping?’ ‘Best beef noodle in Taipei?’

What gives? Are people in Taiwan just immune to China’s latest shenanigans or overseas people too much on edge?

Yes, Taiwanese are selling their property in droves, not!

We’re immune. We’ve been through it all before. We’ve even had missiles exploding off the coast in the nineties.

We don’t care, we don’t scare.

Uh, I think we’re all concerned but these sort of provocations have been happening for a long time in various forms. There’s not much I can do about it as a foreigner. There’s also a lot of things to worry about, so I do my best to control what I can and not stress too much about what I can’t.

Life goes on, still need to eat dan bing.

2 Likes

It’s the same situation as COVID was. Nothing bad will ever happen. And then one day…

3 Likes

It’s just China being China.

Guy

Let them come

It’s just a bluff. If they wanted they’d do it already.

I think they’re still trying to figure out how to get around the 3+11 defense shield though.

2 Likes

If Taiwan shoots down some planes (which they are more than capable of) China would have a reason to start a war.

The west keeps spouting that nonsense. China doesn’t need a reason. If you’re not with us you’re against us kinda thought.

I don’t know the exact reasons why they’re not attacking. But it has nothing to do with their capability, cost or prestige.

Most of those flights are into the Dongsha Atoll area well south of Kaohsiung. Likewise the Chinese test the Vietnamese with the Paracel Islands often, as well as the Philippines with the Spratly Islands, and of course Japan with a few Rocks to the NE of Taiwan. Then of course the US are playing the game too, which went wrong for them a few years back when a Navy Orion spy plane collided with a Chinese fighter near Hainan.

They’re industrial output will go to zero overnight.

It’s the jet colliding with Orion. Just bad piloting of the Chinese guy.

Exactly who thought about that during WW 2? And did it happen? No. Production skyrocketed.

Wanna feel old? That “few years back” was in 2001.

3 Likes